Follow-up to earlier "Clunk-Shift" post

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

partenr

Reaction score
A while back I posted a question about how to consistently get a smooth shift from 1st to 2nd gear on my 2007 'Max. Much was discussed - thanks to all.

I wanted to point out an observation I've made. I have read in this forum that, when buying a used 'Max, one thing to check is the proper operation of 2nd gear....Sounds like that sometimes-rough 1st to 2nd shift can eventually have consequences if a guy doesn't figure it it out!

A while back I posted a question about how to consistently get a smooth shift from 1st to 2nd gear on my 2007 'Max. Much was discussed - thanks to all.

I wanted to point out an observation I've made. I have read in this forum that, when buying a used 'Max, one thing to check is the proper operation of 2nd gear....Sounds like that sometimes-rough 1st to 2nd shift can eventually have consequences if a guy doesn't figure it it out!

That goes for all bikes...

You are usualy hard on it in 1st and then pound it into second skipping through neutral on your way, and if you miss you end up rounding the dogs off or chipping teeth... The dogs are the biggest problem I am aware of.

Back