Ford F-150...2 Dodge Rams...0

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Itgoes

Reaction score
I've have 2 black Dodge Ram pickups happy to race my new F-150 (14') in less than 24 hrs on the same stretch of road. I was happy to oblige. :)

One was a crew cab Hemi and the other a single cab SR10.

Made quick work of the Hemi, not even a race really. The SR10 didn't do much better but was noticeably faster than the Hemi.

Does anybody no what the SR10 is limited to, if at all, top speed wise?

I have a Super Crew Cab 5.5' bed Ecoboost that I just put a 91 octane tune in the other day........ which I'm enjoying very much so far!

Hey, hey, i like it
At work we have lots of pick-up, all 250`s with King-cab, GM`s, Ford and Ram
One of those is the Diesel 250 duramax / alison

The duramax/alison is simply awesome
I went to Montreal to get a Venture frame and engine last month (1200Km)
WATH A PICK-UP creasy acceleration at any fck`n speed

Also, at our mecanic garage they mod one of those, simply chip in compute and little other things,, it became a crasy truck

Just share (I`m leaving in the pick-up heven here)

I've have 2 black Dodge Ram pickups happy to race my new F-150 (14') in less than 24 hrs on the same stretch of road. I was happy to oblige. :)

Made quick work of the Hemi, not even a race really. The SR10 didn't do much better but was noticeably faster than the Hemi.

I have a Super Crew Cab 5.5' bed Ecoboost that I just put a 91 octane tune in the other day........ which I'm enjoying very much so far!

I'm curious about your MPG before the chip install and then after?

The SRT10 Ram: Vin # 3D3HA16H44G257254 reached a top speed of 157.327 mph but was disqualified because of what was considered an illegal exhaust system. 154.587 is the official speed that is used.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Ram_SRT-10

Thanks. He gave up then. I pulled him bad twice.......but my limiter is set to 125 MPH. If he stayed in it he would have caught me......but the way I went around made him quit, plus we would have run out of clear road.
Most every truck is limited from the factory so I thought maybe he was sitting on the limiter the way I left him.

I have been looking at Livernois for tuning my ecoboost. is that where you got yours? lots of good reviews from that company

I have been looking at Livernois for tuning my ecoboost. is that where you got yours? lots of good reviews from that company

I've heard nothing but good things about Livernois as well.

This is my second F-150 Ecoboost. I had a 2011 that I traded in with 80K miles and now a 2014. I don't know what they have now, but back in 2011 not many people liked the Livernois hardware. It was a proprietary "box" that could only hold 1 tune and it was the most expensive product out there. Again, nothing but good reviews on the tunes though.

For those reasons I bought the SCT instead and used their canned tunes. They made great power but were not very refined IMO. I'm now using the same SCT tuner but with all updated files for my 2014. So far after about 500 miles I can say I've still got great power, and the tunes seem better refined (smoother, better shifts).

All I can say is overall I'm still amazed by the hop up bang for the buck with a turbo engine and tuner. I've now hopped up my 2nd truck, and in total I've spent $299. You couldn't make the power I am building a normally aspirated engine for less than probably 5k PER ENGINE in upgrades. And it takes all of 15 minutes to do. Then the next weekend I can hitch a 10,000 pound trailer up, drop a different tune in, and in another 15 minutes the engine is optimized for towing performance.

Life is good!

My 2012 1/2 ton Chevy company truck is limited at 90 mph! WTF
My full size van stopped at 100 mph.

LOL! I guess most people would say 100 MPH is fast enough for a Van. :biglaugh:

I think 125 is way fast enough for a pickup truck that's why I set the limit there.....you can remove it entirely with the tuner.

The truck feels very steady at speed though, but it's no sports car and could use stronger brakes IMO.

BTW I do not condone street racing in any way, this is taking place in a spot that only puts myself at risk.

I'm curious about your MPG before the chip install and then after?

I found that I lost almost 2 MPG on my last truck with the 91 Octane tune installed.

The truck also made around 75 HP and 100 LBS of TQ MORE than stock though. :surprise:

They do also have economy tunes you can run that perform as good or better than stock but also reduce fuel consumption.

My Ram SS/T tops out about 130 with a 4:56 gear. The speed limiter is disabled through computer tuning.

Attachments

• Tires 3.jpg
    Tires 3.jpg
    447.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Tires 5.jpg
    Tires 5.jpg
    518.5 KB · Views: 15
I had an 03 Dakota sport, club cab, 6.5 ft box, 4x4, 3.9 v6, and a 5spd. Gear box that topped at 120. Motor was stock, but the CAI, and polished v8 throttle body, and mod I did to the tps, and AIT sensor, and custom 3 inch cb exhaust opened it up a little. And my old 68 Plymouth fury with a 3 SPD. 727 auto with a 2 barrel topped at 120 also, lol. Nothing to do with your trucks, but I wouldn't mind getting my hands on the srt10 pickup.

I had an 03 Dakota sport, club cab, 6.5 ft box, 4x4, 3.9 v6, and a 5spd. Gear box that topped at 120. Motor was stock, but the CAI, and polished v8 throttle body, and mod I did to the tps, and AIT sensor, and custom 3 inch cb exhaust opened it up a little. And my old 68 Plymouth fury with a 3 SPD. 727 auto with a 2 barrel topped at 120 also, lol. Nothing to do with your trucks, but I wouldn't mind getting my hands on the srt10 pickup.

The SRT10 is a bad-ass looking and running truck. I was surprised to be able to pull him the way I did but assuming his truck was stock, when I run the numbers the 2 trucks are closer than I thought.

They can be modded and tuned to make some really big numbers though, I know someone who had one that was well over 600 HP.......look at what they do with a similar motor in the Viper.

I can get over 20 MPG on the highway in my F-150 though........that ain't happening in a SRT10! :no no no:

I have taken out a couple with my 02 ford lightning. I have been told that the top speed from factory on the lighting is 142, I have only had mine up to around 130, and it had plenty left. Although there are some nice new trucks out there right now, I still like my 12 year old truck with only 69k miles. In todays world of "bigger is better", my truck looks like a compact.

Attachments

• PICT0005.jpg
    PICT0005.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 11
I have taken out a couple with my 02 ford lightning. I have been told that the top speed from factory on the lighting is 142, I have only had mine up to around 130, and it had plenty left. Although there are some nice new trucks out there right now, I still like my 12 year old truck with only 69k miles. In todays world of "bigger is better", my truck looks like a compact.

Always loved the Lightning.....I came very close to buying several. Just was not practical with a couple of kids and the amount of snow that we get here.

If I had the spare change I would build something similar with a new truck just for fun. A 2WD single cab with a shortbed 2015. They will be much lighter with the aluminum bodies.With a tuned EcoBoost or the 5 liter with a Rousch blower kit it would be a LOT fun!

Latest posts

Back