Formula One Fans!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redbone

Reaction score
Attention race fans! If your looking for some world class racing on Sunday... look no further than the start of the 60th season of FORMULA ONE! Join with more than the estimated 55 million people worldwide in watching F1 each race!
With the recent Formula One rule changes it's back to racing on slicks (increased mechanical grip), along with the changes to aerodynamics (lower aero downforce), and the addition of KERS (Kinetic Energy Recovery Systems, additional power to around 82 hp for six seconds a lap ), it should make for some exciting racing! With these new wrinkles for Formula One the racing field should be leveled somewhat and there will be a lot more challenging for position throughout the field! These changes will answer for some of the complaints that F1 is little more than a racing parade with same 3-4 winners.
The Melbourne qualifying order is showing a complete shakeup of the race starting order that has been typical the past few years. With last years champion (Lewis Hamilton/ McLaren) moved to back of race due to a mechanical problem (gear), it should be telling how level the field actually has become.
The race is being held in Melbourne, Australia. Look for it on Speed TV 4:30 PM for the replay of the live race, which Speed also covers live starting at 2AM Sunday morning. The race is limited to 2 hours of racing so it won't waste half your day watching talking heads rather than racing.

IF I COULD PICK ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD TO GO WATCH A RACE , I'D BE MONACO ! THAT LOOKS LIKE A FUN & EXOTIC PLACE TO GO !...:punk:

I'm gonna be up and watching it live tonight! Promises to be real interesting - Brawn 1/2 on the grid is so unheard of after the way Honda did last few years..

I can't wait for this new season - KERS is gonna have to be the most fun for overtaking!

Being "down under" it's on our doorstep. I've been to Melbourne a few times to see it live and it is an event that is spectacular. This year should be great with the new rule changes and for once the underdog teams look like they might win for a change .

some like a good watch ..should be raining around my way ..just hope i remember

Who's going to be watching the Malaysian F1 GP? Shaping up to be a another good race after Kimi Raikkonen won in Adelaide last weekend. Vettle on pole followed by the 2 Ferrari's driven by Masa and Alonso. Ferrari leads in the early part of the constructors race.
I will be catching it live on my favorite f 1 feed online in early hours of Sunday morning. http://www.vipbox.tv/sports/formula-1.html
If you get NBC Sports on Cable/ Sat it will be shown on there on Sunday 3:00pm, albeit tape delayed.
I promise not to post here until it has run in the afternoon!:punk:

what excites me is that forumla-1 is running Austin. what excites me even more is that MotoGP will run Austin as well. oh yeah boyeeeee

what excites me is that forumla-1 is running Austin. what excites me even more is that MotoGP will run Austin as well. oh yeah boyeeeee
Circuit of the America's! Yes it is a great thing to have that world class racing venue so both F1 and Moto GP can run there. I know it would be expensive to go but that would be a bucket list item crossed off if I made it to a F1 or even a Moto GP!

I used to go to the F1 races at Watkins Glen, back till 1980 when the series left the US.
Good times, cool people - lotsa beer!! (and other recreational substances)...

Anyone saw Malaysia GP yesterday? What a joke - Vettel the Wanker steals a win from his teammate after the team has told them to bring it home as they are, and Rosberg gets told to stay off the podium when he's obviously raced better and has it in the pocket.

Great racing, shite politics. Ban all team orders, I say.

they did ban team orders a few years ago, but that didnt stop them from doing it. id rather see them race, but when you consider the money involved i can see why they want to make sure both cars finish 1,2 or 3,4.

Yeah, Vettle seems to be a spoiled, self entitled brat racer. He came close to throwing the teams chances all away just for the top spot on the podium. I'm sure that Webber has followed team orders a few times to let him place higher! The team orders have been activated by using code speak for a few years, hence Mark's statement in drivers weighin "it was a code 21" or something like that. Vettles response was to take a long draw on the water bottle.
Ferrari's Alonso was a little too anxious in the 2nd corner, took out his front wing. They had a chance to salvage the race but let him race on to a DNF. Masa pushed but had a flat stint where he couldn't push to the front but ended up with a 5th which is ok, at least it's some points for the Prancing Pony!
Malaysia is a nice track but for some reason the race there has some controversy more than normal, makes for untidy tactics it seems, must be the heat.
Anyways, onward to China!

Last edited:
Vettel's a wanker, that's all there is to it. Stealing the win off his teammate after Webber slowed down according to his team wishes is just plain wrong. He should be striped of the win.

That pitstop was hilarious. Remember when Schumacher let barichello by for the win to pay him back for team orders. Doubt vettel is gonna do the same for weber

Yeah, Schumi showed some spirit there, but I doubt Vettel's going to do the same. Possibly in the last race of the season if he's got big enough lead to quarantee him the championship.

I used to go to the F1 races at Watkins Glen, back till 1980 when the series left the US.
Good times, cool people - lotsa beer!! (and other recreational substances)...

I first went there in 1964, & every year after, until I moved out of NYS. I got Stirling Moss's autograph on my admissions ticket one year. Still have it. My favorite F1 era. Did you know the F1 Coventry Climax 1.5 litre engine was built from a stationary pump originally-designed for the London Fire Brigade?

Latest posts

Back