Frame braces

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jedi-

Reaction score
Have been asked about frame brace components or the entire brace and now I have some of the current projects out of the way I'm going to look into it.
I think I'd prefer to make the make the entire piece and looking for some input as to "what people like" before making anything.

I have a few thoughts on it all, obviously cost is a real issue. I can make something quite cheapish using round tube but I tend to think that's a little boring.
I have 2 ideas, one using oval tubing which I can get in stainless which can be highly polished or steel oval which can be painted/powdercoated cheaper.
The other idea is to fabricate the unit from stainless or steel in a channel type section which would be laser cut to have various shapes into it like an Otec style brace, this would be more expensive than the oval option.

I could use Aluminium and machine all the parts but that is going to be quite expensive.

A stainless would be pretty cool but I think most will want them coated, chromed, or painted so plain steel would be cheaper at that point.

Sean

I hope you can make one that works with all aftermarket seats, especially the Corbin.... Also doesn't require welding. :biglaugh:

No Welding, chromed or black.

Not expensive but nice. Not "gaudy".

Fits Corbin, Stock, Morley, Sportmax etc seats.

I have holes burning in my pocket, need any "testers" ?? =)

It would be a clamp arrangement with no welding or drilling holes in the frame tube.
I'm thinking the steel oval tube might be the best compromise of options.
I don't know the issues surrounding aftermarket seats but I would assume my tube clamp idea which is fairly simple won't cause problems I hope.

BTW I'm not selling them, Sean asked about them and I said I'd look into it,
I just want a feel of what I might produce.

Dale Walkers is a clamp-on and it won't fit with the Corbin seat. :confused2:

I'm voting for oval steel, not to big of an oval though. I like one clamp and one welded tab. I'll powdercoat myself

does any of the clamp on braces fit with the V-Gas carbs?

it looks like the style 2 over racing would but they are expensive at about 550+ i think?.............

doug hunt

Got this underway, designed the clamps and brackets and I'll post up the results when I have something finished.
I think I'll have something that most might like.

Braces like that are definitely NOT worth it to me. In fact, I want the damn things to disappear not stand out. I care about functionality first. Sure clamp on is easy and quick but welding two tabs and refinishing for a "stiffy" sounds like a no brainer to me! Go faster cheaper and safely has always worked for me!

Last edited:
does any of the clamp on braces fit with the V-Gas carbs?

it looks like the style 2 over racing would but they are expensive at about 550+ i think?.............

doug hunt

It looks like the ones that I have will work. Here is a pic of them on my bike. I think it should clear the stacks easily since the bar mounts behind the carbs.

Attachments

• _DSC0320.jpg
    _DSC0320.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 124
Back