Gauge guys

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidon

Reaction score
What size gauge fits in the stock tach position? is it 2 1/16? Also how is the tach removed from the housing ...is it just screwed in or is it more involved to get out?

Not sure about size but it fastens in from the rear. You need to remove the rear plastic housing first.

What size gauge fits in the stock tach position? is it 2 1/16? Also how is the tach removed from the housing ...is it just screwed in or is it more involved to get out?

I used the 2 1/6 gauge on mine. I hollowed out the plastic in the back to allow for the fit of the two gauges. so I could keep the lights intact.

I'm still up in the air on a tach, when I'm tuning I have a portable tach I use. I can care less when I ride I go by ear and my shift light. My old drag bikes didn't have a tach. Just a shift light, I launched off the two-step. I'm thinking of putting a 5" tach up top and a small speedo off to the side.

Attachments

• gauges.jpg
    gauges.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 25
  • gauges2.jpg
    gauges2.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 18
Have had mine in bits as the tacho doesnt work . Just undo all the screws/covers etc , simple as im waiting for another to swap it over .

Do you need a tach? I think I have one I could probably send you.

Jeff

Back