Gen 2 T-REX

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are cool.....a guy that shows up at the Hooters bike night by me has a Busa powered one. The extra grunt the Gen 2 motor has would probably make it more fun to drive for sure.

The Gen 2 engines are a lot harder to come by and expensive though.

Those are cool.....a guy that shows up at the Hooters bike night by me has a Busa powered one. The extra grunt the Gen 2 motor has would probably make it more fun to drive for sure.

The Gen 2 engines are a lot harder to come by and expensive though.

I talked with the guy selling these kits and he assures me that a Gen 2 can be fitted to this with no problems. Now what I am thinking is exactly what you are saying. How hard is it going to be to find a Gen 2 that can be used as a donor bike.:ummm:

I have a buddy that has his dealers license and goes to auctions all over the place. Hopefully there is a chance because I think this would be a fantastic build and a ton of fun to boot! The price tag for the kit is

33995 +- kit
14500 +- Gen 2
---------
48495 +- all parts
?????? +- Labor

EQUALS damn EXPENSIVE toy!!

My experience tells me that I will track down a Gen 2 and get so busy riding it that the whole idea of building a T-Rex will fall to the wayside to feed the Monkey and having too much fun in the wind...

The loss of 6 th gear and the Gen 2's huge appetite for fuel probably need to be considered also. The cost factor of the Gen 2 motor ( if you can even find one ) vs the ZX or Busa motor. Busa motors you can pick up all day for $1000-2500 depending on what gen you want. Personally I would use the ZX motor, power and better trans.

The loss of 6 th gear and the Gen 2's huge appetite for fuel probably need to be considered also. The cost factor of the Gen 2 motor ( if you can even find one ) vs the ZX or Busa motor. Busa motors you can pick up all day for $1000-2500 depending on what gen you want. Personally I would use the ZX motor, power and better trans.

I have heard the same thing from others, also the weight factor of the Gen 2. I have seen the Kawasaki bikes in salvage auctions go pretty cheap. Of course the issue with buying a used Busa motor or ZX14 motor is the unknown factor of how the engine was treated when in the bike... ie was it rode hard like most are; or tracked/drag raced? Then what was the maintenance schedule like for it?

I guess with building any exotic kit these are all considerations that need to be thought about. Damn' though it would suck to get into a build of close to 45K only to find out the "cherry" of a donor turned out to be the "whore" of the track...

Back