Gen1 spanks a gen2 on the rear wheel

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jfeagins You keep hanging with us Michigan hooligans and will make a great smack talker out of you yet If you'd come ride with us We will make a Great Hooligan Out of you

I like all you guys but coming to a forum that's primarily gen 1 Vmax's with modern sport bikes and talking smack is no real accomplishment. I'm not hating on anyone but it's kind of ridiculous.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Oh you are hating sir , yes you are hating! :rofl_200:

You bring that yellow contraption out and I ll bring out my 21 spd Huffy and I ll show you who's boss!

JK!

:biglaugh:

Todd

Here is a ZX14 beating up on a modified Gen 2 Vmax.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaP8sN4TFGY

Or wait... Scott you meant GEN 1 Vmax's ......

Here is someone named Kyle on a super nice Vmax racing a lowly old ZX14.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkY5x0HIz1s

0513a84cbb8a5072a0309f5208b93a664e22ff37ad3ce3533b899275cf67f62a.jpg

Buahhaahaaahaa!!!!!!!

Actually the nature of this post was alright because it was just Vmax guys giving other Vmax guys shit lol There's really not much comparing a Gen 1 to a Gen 2 either, 1200cc's to 1700cc's and modern engine management systems although the Gen 2 is heavier by a decent stretch. I'm actually of the same opinion as Mike in that the Gen 2's are just way too expensive, not much comparing when I know a decent Gen 1 can be had for $3000 (what I paid for mine) and you can still have a hell of alot of fun. I just meant at other times there has been a fair amount of smack talk (usually good natured ribbing) about the newer sport bikes you guys have vs us with the early 80's technology bikes. I can definitely understand you guys giving some gen 2 owners shit because that is a more honest comparison and a select few Gen 2 owners can be quite condescending at times around here. All in good fun guys, just keep the comparisons honest :)

Here is a ZX14 beating up on a modified Gen 2 Vmax.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaP8sN4TFGY

Or wait... Scott you meant GEN 1 Vmax's ......

Here is someone named Kyle on a super nice Vmax racing a lowly old ZX14.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkY5x0HIz1s

0513a84cbb8a5072a0309f5208b93a664e22ff37ad3ce3533b899275cf67f62a.jpg

Buahhaahaaahaa!!!!!!!
That Gen 2 & that ZX 14 are both modified & as far as Lee racing my old gen 1 that's definitely no contest. Lee is Small and one hell of a Rider I think there are very few if any on this forum that can touch Lee. Hell even old Ricky Gadson came out to watch him & talk with him one night.

Actually the nature of this post was alright because it was just Vmax guys giving other Vmax guys shit lol There's really not much comparing a Gen 1 to a Gen 2 either, 1200cc's to 1700cc's and modern engine management systems although the Gen 2 is heavier by a decent stretch. I'm actually of the same opinion as Mike in that the Gen 2's are just way too expensive, not much comparing when I know a decent Gen 1 can be had for $3000 (what I paid for mine) and you can still have a hell of alot of fun. I just meant at other times there has been a fair amount of smack talk (usually good natured ribbing) about the newer sport bikes you guys have vs us with the early 80's technology bikes. I can definitely understand you guys giving some gen 2 owners shit because that is a more honest comparison and a select few Gen 2 owners can be quite condescending at times around here. All in good fun guys, just keep the comparisons honest :)

I know you know I am kidding with you Scott. I look forward to getting together at the track with you this year also.

Its the same thing when they say that a their Gen 1 stock Vmax with pipes laid waste to a modern day litre bike LOL. We all like to tell tales or stretch it out some.

We all know there are faster bikes out there in this world than we all own. Unless your a pro drag racer or road racer and have one of those bad ass bikes in your stable. Its all in fun, the Gen 1 had its time and now the Gen 2 is carrying the torch. Even back in 85 and 86 there were faster bikes then the Gen 1 Vmax....( GSXR1100 which Jay Gleason rode both same day same track conditions).

And with that said, I look forward to spankin most of you this summer! :biglaugh:

Todd

That Gen 2 & that ZX 14 are both modified & as far as Lee racing my old gen 1 that's definitely no contest. Lee is Small and one hell of a Rider I think there are very few if any on this forum that can touch Lee. Hell even old Ricky Gadson came out to watch him & talk with him one night.

LOL I wondered how long it would take for you to see that post. :biglaugh: And I wondered if anyone would catch the name LOL.

Lee is very fast and very light weight. He probably only weighs a few pounds more than Jay?

I wish I could have hooked up with some of you guys at Bradenton when I was down there. Maybe next time.

Todd

Its the same thing when they say that a their Gen 1 stock Vmax with pipes laid waste to a modern day litre bike LOL. We all like to tell tales or stretch it out some.

That is an excellent point ;) I've personally never said anything like that but I know what you mean, I'm just saying everyone needs to take things as they are and believe me I run around with guys that have mid 8 second turbo busa's and mid to low 9 second naturally aspirated 14's so I have no delusions about how fast my bike is or is ever gonna be. Kyle raised a hell of a good point too, if you were to put Lee on say my bike against a guy who doesn't know how to ride a Gen 2 then Lee would spank him, hell I've spanked Busa's at the track before but I'm smart enough to know that's not the norm lol

That is an excellent point ;) I've personally never said anything like that but I know what you mean, I'm just saying everyone needs to take things as they are and believe me I run around with guys that have mid 8 second turbo busa's and mid to low 9 second naturally aspirated 14's so I have no delusions about how fast my bike is or is ever gonna be. Kyle raised a hell of a good point too, if you were to put Lee on say my bike against a guy who doesn't know how to ride a Gen 2 then Lee would spank him, hell I've spanked Busa's at the track before but I'm smart enough to know that's not the norm lol

Throw Lee on probably any bike and after a few runs he is probably going to spank just about anything he lines up against! I ve never met Lee, but watched enough videos to know he is top notch! Just do a search on smokinzx14r and you'll see.

But yeah Scott your 100% right. I ve "beat" other bikes and cars "I" thought were racing me LOL. Its until you race a second time and 18 lengths later you realize maybe the first race wasn't attended by both parties LOL.

Just like last year with my turbo bike, I ran a 11 flat at 134 mph when my plenum lifted. The bike just died. But who ever was next to me was probably thinking, I almost beat a turbo busa LOL.

Do you have your stuff together yet ? I am hoping to hit the track soon and get a few cold weather runs in.

Todd

Never tore it down this year, got a nagging coolant leak to attend to and gotta clean carbs and rewire a few things and I'll be good. Lost a bunch of weight so I'm about 60lbs lighter than last year so hoping for 10.8 or 10.9 on motor and now I have the juice squared away so hoping to crack the 9's on spray. Honestly at this point I just wanna ride though lol

That's one reason why I sold the Turbo bike also. I got tired of having to mess with it. I just want an all stock bike that runs good and I can ride anywhere. Hence the reason I got the ZX14. Bone stock and it will go anywhere and still has a few ponies under the tank.

Todd

LOL I wondered how long it would take for you to see that post. :biglaugh: And I wondered if anyone would catch the name LOL.

Lee is very fast and very light weight. He probably only weighs a few pounds more than Jay?

I wish I could have hooked up with some of you guys at Bradenton when I was down there. Maybe next time.

Todd
Yeah Lee is about 145 suited up if I remember right. I almost ask him to ride my bike before I tore it apart just to see what he could do.

Yeah Lee is about 145 suited up if I remember right. I almost ask him to ride my bike before I tore it apart just to see what he could do.

When I was at the track and my turbo bike was running better there was a kid there that was running a CBR1000 and he was running 9.60-70's on it BONE stock. He weighed 125 SUITED! And he was a good rider. I was going to toss him on my bike and see what happened. But it never happened. I bet he would have run 9.0's on it being almost 120 lbs lighter then me! Plus he could launch.

It's cool to see what a real pro can do on your bike. Gives you something to aim for in a sense.

Todd

You mean, a guy like FL's "L'il Mikey?" Flyweight, quick reactions, and doesn't break the equipment?
http://youtu.be/CBRurWbGKa8

Not-bad for a KZ1000...and, he's gone quicker & faster on it. The guy who built it is the guy staging "L'il Mikey."

I raced a Top Gas KZ1000 (Based on) back in the mid 90's on gas would run high 7's low 8's
1.14 60'ers !! Was a blast!!

Attachments

• TG Bike.jpg
    TG Bike.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 20
Wow ! Love that turbocharged Goldwing, had to watch it three times just to hear the burn out LOL would love to see that in person !

Back