Gen1 spanks a gen2 on the rear wheel

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
120 in 15 seconds? I do that in 11 on the Vmax (almost a 10). I think the 1800's almost do that stock? I'll know how fast this Venture we're working on will go later this summer. I'm expecting mid 11's at around 115 or so.

120 in 15 seconds? I do that in 11 on the Vmax (almost a 10). I think the 1800's almost do that stock? I'll know how fast this Venture we're working on will go later this summer. I'm expecting mid 11's at around 115 or so.

I had an 86 Venture Royal and it was quite quick for what it was and went through corners real well. Much sportier than the Goldwings of that period IMO. It was a handful at parking lot speeds though, very top heavy.

I was very disappointed when they came out with the new version. Instead of keeping it sporty.....Yamaha went in the other direction and made it very Harleyesque. I thought it should have been more like the Beemer KL1600. I would have bought one if it was.

Back