General Question - not Bike related

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruiser1198

Reaction score
Was wondering for those of you in certain Career jobs who would need to use a Good Quality Flashlight , what do you recommend ?? it needs too be Super Bright with no more then 20 ft of range needed no longer then 12" to fit in my work case . I looked at one online then seen the $600.00 price tag and Damn near died . Don't mind spending a little cash on a quality product but 600 bucks for a flashlight ???? Hell No. Thanks again for all the Help. Kurt

The ones we use here at the day job for inspection of aircraft parts:
Streamlight 4AA LED (7 Bulb configuration)
67 Lumens
Waterproof
Run time 155 hours

A streamlight stinger LED is what most of the leo's carry on the job. It has a rechargable battery, and charger you can plug into the cigarette lighter. Very bright and has good range. About the size you need. Comes with a metal or plastic case.

Pelican makes a hell of indestructible flashlight. Don't know if they have moved in to the super bright led/hid market.

A coworker of mine has that $600 thing your talking about.
Its HID technology which means it has to have an inverter built into it. Super expensive stuff.

I have an "ebay generic" 800 lumen Cree LED flashlight with a single rechargeable lithium cell. There's a focus ring so you can get a broad, very even spread of light or focus it into a dot that can spot things easily 1/2 mile away. It's very, very bright. There's full brightness or a reduced setting, or a strobe. The reduced is plenty for most uses and still far better than a traditional mag-lite or something.

On full brightness it's good for about 2 hours, on reduced I accidentally left it on overnight and it was still fine in the morning, at least 10 hrs. Charges back up in about 30 minutes.

Came with both a AC and car charger, and it was like $30. I've had it over a year, it's been dropped, covered in grease, in the cold on the snowmobile, ect, and surprisingly it's still 100% fine. It really has a quality, hefty feel to it. It's maybe 8" long and weighs a few ounces.

Streamlight Strion LED - my whole department and surrounding agencies went to these awhile back. Rechargeable which is a good thing due to the ever rising cost of batteries. I love it and dont want anything else.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Streamlight stinger LED. I has 4 settings super bright, bright, dim, and strobe. I have had mine for two years dropped it from the top of helicopters multiple times. I love it. I will never go back to another brand for my work light. It was be expensive compared to maglight but well worth it. It comes with charging doc, 2 batterys, DC cigerette cord, and AC cord.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trk...1&_nkw=streamlight+stinger&_sacat=0&_from=R40

YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Streamlight stinger LED. I has 4 settings super bright, bright, dim, and strobe. I have had mine for two years dropped it from the top of helicopters multiple times. I love it. I will never go back to another brand for my work light. It was be expensive compared to maglight but well worth it. It comes with charging doc, 2 batterys, DC cigerette cord, and AC cord.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trk...1&_nkw=streamlight+stinger&_sacat=0&_from=R40

YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Thats what we used to carry too. Only reason we went to the Strion was it was smaller and easier to carry on our duty belts. It also has the super bright, bright, dim, and strobe settings. Only difference is the size i think. Anything Streamlight LED id say he cant go wrong.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Back