Ghetto oil light fix

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noxx72

Reaction score
Alright so the real fix for the oil lights tendency to come on under hard acceleration is to ditch the POS level sensor and install a pressure gauge with a warning light output.

Let's say you're too lazy to do that and you live near an electronics store, or like me, have random components all around the garage. Grab yourself a 12VDC on-delay relay, dial it for about 1.2 seconds and toss that sucker in line with your oil light. Now once your oil light comes on, you should pay attention to it instead of flipping it the bird.

b/c the light will only light if it gets 1.2 seconds of signal off of the sensor?

What do you do when you are in a wheelie and it comes on?

Right before you pull a wheelie, lean down, adjust the relay for say 20 seconds and then have fun... :biglaugh:

Just don't forget to put it back...

No it waits 1.2 seconds to relay the message to the light...

hope my fork springs are feelin froggy? I understand you've wheelied a couple engines to death

what good does delaying the signal by 1.2 seconds do? i assumed only if it was on for 1.2 seconds or longer would be more meaningful?

Yea, if you keep it up past third you are pushing your luck since from oil starvation.

Sean

what good does delaying the signal by 1.2 seconds do? i assumed only if it was on for 1.2 seconds or longer would be more meaningful?

I think you're right Garrett, delaying wouldn't do you any good. Its an on-delay relay which wont relay the signal unless on over the set time.

Latest posts

Back