Givi hard bags on vmax?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donnelly317

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a mounting system for givi hard bags for the VMAX? mainly just side cases. I found this website and emailed the guy because he makes adapter brackets. But nothing looks updated on the website so im not sure if he still does it plus shipping across the pond sucks.

http://vmaxchat.yuku.com/topic/1464

Thanks to a awesome forum member crazyasscaptian. I stole a whole set of givi monolock set of three with all hardware and brackets for my new honda VFR from the VFR forum Kyle's just gotta grab them for me and ship them up. Got to thinking if there was a bracket for the vmax it would be cooler to use them instead of the soft bags.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I have researched this for years. No one makes brackets for a Max anymore. The guy in England makes (or used to make) brackets to adapt the Givi Wingrack brackets to a Max which wind up sticking out and up too far and look terrible. Five Star in Germany made them but stopped years ago. I adapted the Givi Monolock G30 trunk using Cycle-Istics luggage rack since it is the only one large enough to accept the installation hardware. Can't use the OEM sissybar though. I use the Corbin backrest. No solution to the saddlebag issue. I would bolt the saddlebags to one of the available saddlebag mount systems such as Fat Max brackets or the ones on eBay or fabricate my own. Only problem is they are not as sturdy as Givi mounts. I had two sets of Givi saddlebags (41 and 21 liter) and two different trunks (52 and 35 liter) that I wound up selling as I couldn't get them to work on my Max.

Here are some pics of various items.
#1 is Fat Max bags brackets.
#2 is the Brits Wingrack adapters. Note how high they are. Pic doesn't show how wide the setup is.
#3 is the Five Star brackets.
#4 is the eBay brackets.

Don't have a pic of my Givi trunk mounted.

Attachments

• FatMax Bags Mount.jpg
    FatMax Bags Mount.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 99
  • Givi Kit Luggage.jpg
    Givi Kit Luggage.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 111
  • Givi Five Star Mount 1.jpg
    Givi Five Star Mount 1.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 102
  • z Simply 1.jpg
    z Simply 1.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 91
Does anyone know of a mounting system for Givi hard bags for the VMAX? mainly just side cases. I found this website and emailed the guy because he makes adapter brackets. But nothing looks updated on the website so I'm not sure if he still does it plus shipping across the pond sucks.
Don't fret, Mr. Donnely. You just have to find the right person to make the adapters. I'm convinced that anything can be adapted to fit anything- just takes some ingenuity, sometimes thinking "outside the box"
Check your local machine shops, show them what you want. Eventually you will find the right person.
Cheers!

Matt , I know a guy . In fact the same guy has to come up with some hard bags that will match the lines of the Gen II and design mounting brackets because yamaha discontinued their hard bags. AND THE SAME GUY is having a new business card designed

Finial Ass - Sett
Tailored MC Seats

He's finially realized he won't be happy untill he's the ass he's working for.
Anyway if your interested I can put you in touch with him.

Ok I get it lol. In other words for the vmax stick with my nelson Riggs soft bags I have lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I know you have the Givi gear but Hepco Becker still makes racks and hard bags and trunks for the Max. Great stuff but very expensive.

Matt , I know a guy . In fact the same guy has to come up with some hard bags that will match the lines of the Gen II and design mounting brackets because yamaha discontinued their hard bags. AND THE SAME GUY is having a new business card designed

Finial Ass - Sett
Tailored MC Seats

He's finially realized he won't be happy untill he's the ass he's working for.
Anyway if your interested I can put you in touch with him.
I would like to contact him.

I have something similar on my Gen2. Got it Marz in Germany a few years ago.

I'm going to email the guys from Shad. Their hard bags look pretty nice. Going to see what it would take to modify their mount or make my own.

Hepco & Becker make racks and bags for the 1st Generation VMax. Little pricey but worth it. I had them on my 2001 and travelled to Central America with no issues at all. They are very high quality and come in a large variety of sizes for saddlebags and trunks. I had 42 litre saddlebags and a 52 litre trunk. I could fit 24 bottles of beers in each saddlebag and 36 in the trunk, or 18 and a full-face helmet. The bags/trunk come off in 5 seconds with one key used for all of them. The mounting brackets stay on or you can take them off, depending on how often you would need them. They are tough as hell and will not open on the highway.001.jpg

Last edited:
Hepco & Becker make racks and bags for the 1st Generation VMax. Little pricey but worth it. I had them on my 2001 and travelled to Central America with no issues at all. They are very high quality and come in a large variety of sizes for saddlebags and trunks. I had 42 litre saddlebags and a 52 litre trunk. I could fit 24 bottles of beers in each saddlebag and 36 in the trunk, or 18 and a full-face helmet.View attachment 74291

LOL

Back