Good backrest option

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBD319

Reaction score
Hey all, first post here!

I'm trading in my GSXR-600 on an 03' V-Max within the next week at my local dealership, already made a deposit, so yay for that!

Real reason i'm here, is also why i'm doing the trade in. Looking for something that's fast, but a bit more comfortable for the girlfriend on the back. She doesn't mind riding on my GSXR, but it's not the most comfortable and I don't blame her.

I plan on doing a Muscle Seat from Sean down the road, but right away I want to put a backrest on for her. Most of the ones I find online are very short, and are more of a backstop than a backrest really. There are some in pics that are much taller and would come up to the middle of her back, which is more of what I want. Anyone that could point me out to a good brand or site would be much appreciated!!

Cost isn't a huge issue, but i'm not looking to spend upwards of $300 of course for something simple.

Thanks i'll try to do that. The one in your signature pic is pretty much exactly what i'm looking for, a bit taller than most I seem to find online.

I do have some OEM backrests (and optional racks) available. Strong and does get to the middle of the back.

Hey all, first post here!

I'm trading in my GSXR-600 on an 03' V-Max within the next week at my local dealership, already made a deposit, so yay for that!

Real reason i'm here, is also why i'm doing the trade in. Looking for something that's fast, but a bit more comfortable for the girlfriend on the back. She doesn't mind riding on my GSXR, but it's not the most comfortable and I don't blame her.

I plan on doing a Muscle Seat from Sean down the road, but right away I want to put a backrest on for her. Most of the ones I find online are very short, and are more of a backstop than a backrest really. There are some in pics that are much taller and would come up to the middle of her back, which is more of what I want. Anyone that could point me out to a good brand or site would be much appreciated!!

Cost isn't a huge issue, but i'm not looking to spend upwards of $300 of course for something simple.

The top of the Cycle-istiC backrest is a little under 14" above the seat, and it can be used with or without the rack.
www.cycle-istic.com/VMax-rack-backrest

Thanks all!! These are all great responses. I've gotta say I can't wait to pick up my bike and join the community, this is a great forum. The one from cycle-istic looks like the way i'll go.

Thanks all!! These are all great responses. I've gotta say I can't wait to pick up my bike and join the community, this is a great forum. The one from cycle-istic looks like the way i'll go.
You won't regret it, I don't use mine much but when I need it then it's a godsend

Back