Got a project

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Bro,

I have my old XS11 tank thats been filled (no more emblem) and has been triple black painted. You'll have to de-rust the interior as it's been outside for a bit, but the bodywork and the paint is in tip top shape. All you have to do after the internal cleaning is add the cap and the petcocks.

PM me your address and I'll get it to you.

Attachments

• XS_1.jpg
    XS_1.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 26
  • XS_2.jpg
    XS_2.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 28
KJ - Thanks for the offer but I can't accept. Your a stand up guy and I appreciate the offer for sure!

Lankee - Your going to see a 6'0" 260lb man on a pocket bike doing I wheelie I promise you hahaha.

I think I'm done with the body work finally. Tomrrow is prime, sand, prime, sand and then ready for paint. This part sucks, I'll take wiring over this crap any day.

Got 'er back to my house this afternoon!

Man talk about a bucket of nerves and excitment on the way from Jason's garage to my new house. I'm so stoked to get it home I'm giddy just typing this. There are a few small things I need to finish up but she's roadworthy!
DSC01295.jpg

DSC01296.jpg

DSC01294.jpg

I can finally relax at home in the evenings and get sleep before I go to work, it's great, but I have a sickness and will be looking for another budget build of some sort hahaha. This time maybe a bagger, who knows.

Thanks fellas, I'm stoked about it done.

She goes like an 81 650 Maxim, sluggish 'till you wind 'er up then it goes quite well for what it is.

No bike night for me tonight, I've got to spend some time with the family as I have the most understanding wife in the world who hasn't complained once in the 3 months I've been working on this thing. Happy wife = happy life. I will be at Indianola this upcoming friday though.

That's BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!:clapping:

Man I am in love....:eusa_dance:

WOW!!!!:punk:

Wow! That really came out well! Ever since you started this thread I have been looking at Craigslist for a bike to do this to. After seeing your finished product, I don't think that I will be able to resist!

Nice Bike, Great Job!

Thanks all, I already had the carbs back off and on again to fix somebody's mess up inside. Rides out real good and a bit more pep than at first. I think it turned out well and can't wait to finish another one. Who knows I may sell this one to help fund another, or give it to the wife for her first bike. How cool would it have been to get this for a first bike eh? :D

Haha wow that's the second time somebody has wanted to buy it already! I appreciate the comments/compliments. Makes me feel like I did something right or something with it hahaha.

I'll keep it for now, heck I only have 11 miles on the new speedometer! :D

I have dabbled in motorcycles for 10 years.....

Looking at and trying out different bikes......

Trying to find MY bike....the one that said something TO me as well as ABOUT me.....I think you have shown me what it is......

The powertrain is efficient.....good power without huge displacement or radical modifications to make it unreliable.......shaft drive is the ultimate in low maintenance and durability......

Wrapped in a low slung, seriously aggressive looking chassis.....

The best of all worlds......without costing a fortune.....

I am truly jealous......and inspired

Nice job.....and thanks for sharing the trip:clapping:

Thanks KJ

Kaboom - Start checkin' craigslist for anything, Honda, Kawi, Zookie, Yammer Jammer of similar year and CC's and it's possible to do on the cheap with it. I borrowed a welder and band saw, used my chop saw, angle grinder, and misc. hand tools. Very doable. My next one I'll take my time on and make it perfect, if that's possible to do haha.

QH - bike looks great - definitely something to be proud of!

Building them can get additive - thank God for understanding wifes!

Mike

Latest posts

Back