Got my Givi E55NT !!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
1779054_724247130942328_1575965413_n.jpg

Suckers HUGE!!! 55 liters big. Biggest top case they make. You can fit two full size full face helmets in it and still have some room left.

I just have to finish a few more things on the bike and its ready to cross the country south! 4500 miles I hope to make in 12 days. I ll see if I can do it ( or better yet if my wife will do it ). Then after that I have a 3500 mile trip planned with my son.

I am going to make a photo journal of it and I ll post up pictures as I go.

Todd

That is probably the best possible trunk bag. I just don't know about logging all of those miles on two wheels in such a short amount of time. Then again that ride is probably significantly more comfortable than a Corbrick on a Vmax :punk:

I love Givi gear. Had two sets of saddlebags (21 ltrs x 2 and 41 ltrs x 2) and two trunks (52 ltrs and 35 ltrs) that I mixed depending on the trip. When on 3500 mile one week trips I used the largest of each. Around town and over night, used the smallest. Great stuff...:clapping:

Are you putting a sissy pad onfor chris. The givi pad is A hard pad and not very big. I would look for a sissy bar pad if I was you. She will need it.

Looks to me like you should wedge the pad out at the bottom so she can lean back instead of hunched forward. Maybe make it adjustable. With a pivet point at the top. But you still need to leave her room to sit. Good luck andshow me what you come up with I might do the same

Looks great! Can't wait to see your pictures of the trip! I always find long road trips interesting. I've got the itch to do one on my motorcycle. Just a little apprehensive to pull the trigger on it.

Looks great Todd! Are you going to be running saddlebags as well? Looking forward to the trip pictures, I never think to take pictures when I'm traveling, never recording the multitude of interesting things you see out on the road just taking it all in to memory.

I should have my back pad here soon. Not sure ehat the Hang up is.

I dont have enough time to do anything else. I have slotted some time to make lowering pegs for the rear. Thats the last thing I am doing.

No saddle bags. If I can't fir it in the back I am not taking g it.

Todd

Looking forward to the trip pictures, I never think to take pictures when I'm traveling, never recording the multitude of interesting things you see out on the road just taking it all in to memory.
That says it all , Brian. Explains why I am so f_ _king slow, getting anywhere. I can't count on antiquated memory banks, haven't been able to for some time. Which is why digital photography has opened up new avenues for me. So easy, so inexpensive, so great to be able to save the memories.
Problem is - it's hard to find traveling companions that are willing to stop 50 times a day, for photos, or just soak up the sights.
Traveling alone has it's positive points.
As the expression goes - it's not about the destination, it's about the journey.
Cheers!

Looking forward to the pics from your trip. The way the picture looks it doesn't look like you can put much weight in the trunk just by how it mounts on the corner of the bag and does it bounce much?

It locks in place pretty darn solid. It won't bount, its held in place by the mounts and resistance of bumpers underneath pushing up on the bottom of the case, while case is being pulled down.

I think they say 25 lbs ? Double that to 50 lbs and I am sure thats the threshold of max weight. I know it most cases we always double if not tripled the safety margin when we buildt stuff in the automotive industry.

Todd

Looks good!!!! Have a fun trip! Some day ill do that

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Back