Greetings from the road...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fianlly made it home... Note to self: Next mod will be DECENT RAIN GEAR. :bang head:

After a beautiful week in Southern Utah I decided to take a small detour through Zion's National Park to stop in on some friends that were down there for a wedding. Planned to stop for an hour, make an appearance and then push on through to home... 4 hours later (and about the same number of Gin and Tonics) I decided I best find some where to spend the night.

Had a great time hanging with the wedding party and reconnecting with old friends. Off loaded some of my baggage for transport home in a friends car (including my laptop and camera) and hit the road this morning...

...and it rained like a MF all 4 hours of the ride home. I am just now regaining the feeling in my toes and fingers. :rofl_200: Hey Mark, it doesn't rain in Nebraska, does it???

That said, I will be posting the remaining photos from the trip when my camera arrives (sometime tomorrow).

Certainly, one of the highlights of the trip was meeting up with Shuriken in St. George for lunch (thanks for the props and hospitality, man)! Really awesome guy and far more expert on the Max than I. :biglaugh: If I'd had time I would have had him re-jet mine for me... :clapping:

In a world full of carbon copy Harleys, it was sure cool to see our two Maxes parked together :punk:in the lot @ Cafe Rio.

That's all I can manage for now... Time for a hot shower and a cold beer...

Yeah it rains, but you get used to it. You just have to watch out for the horizontal rain during F4 tornados.

Whew.....

Got all my stuff unpacked and dried out. Photos are from the side trip to Zions National Park.

Thankfully, I was able to offload half the stuff shown in the "fully loaded" pic with some friends while there.

No pics from the rest of the trip because I sent the camera (along with all other electronics) back in the "bootleg transport" vehicle.

Despite the weather it was a phenomenal 600+ mile trip. Max ran perfect. Morley's seat saved my a$$...

...and I'd do it again! :biglaugh:

Planning another ride down to Panguitch at the end of the month for the balloon festival.

Hope you enjoy the pics...

Attachments

• fully loaded.jpg
    fully loaded.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 9
  • outside Zion.jpg
    outside Zion.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 5
  • poolside.jpg
    poolside.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 5
  • zion2.jpg