HAC Luggage Rack and Corbin Seat

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m-cman

Alien Abductee
Reaction score
Just installed my new HAC luggage rack without the sissybar. Was going to use my Corbin seat with Corbin backrest. That way I could easily remove the backrest when not needed and the HAC rack is reasonably small so it doesn't look too bad.

Unfortunately, when I went to put the seat on, it wouldn't go on all the way. The back edge of the Corbin seat rests on the top of the HAC bracket and hardware. It would eat away the leather/vinyl on the first ride since all the weight would be on that small area. I guess the stock seat is cut shorter and/or higher than the Corbin. :damn angry:

Anyone else have this problem and come up with a solution? Otherwise, I am going to sell the HAC setup and go with something else. :confused2:

BTW, I already have a Renn-Tech sissybar/rack that I am replacing and a factory sissybar/rack so those are not options. If no one has a solution, I will probably look at MtnMax's rack. Always liked it, just wanted something smaller.

Thanks for any assistance.

Well, since no one had any experience with this problem or any comments, I installed my factory backrest/rack for the time being. There was no way I could get the Corbin to fit with the HAC setup unless I did some serious mods to the seat and that is just to much trouble. :confused2:

I had the same problem.
I lifted the back cover off my corbin and shaved about a half inch off the back of the seat, put the cover back on using rivets and it fits now.

I had the same problem.
I lifted the back cover off my corbin and shaved about a half inch off the back of the seat, put the cover back on using rivets and it fits now.

u had done the same for the front frame braces eh?

I had the same problem.

I may look into that. Doesn't sound that hard to do. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back