Harley style wheels for the Max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also off topic,..but my daughter plays Rugby, and her fav team is the All Blacks.
I would be deeply in her favor and me in yours if I could score one of these shirts as well.......with the same deal as Turbo,..:clapping:

Getting an aussie who lives in Auckland to get you an All Blacks jersey - priceless .... :hihi:

Last edited:
Here's an update of the wheel fitted up to the swingarm

Attachments

• IMG_0218 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0218 (Large).jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_0220 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0220 (Large).jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 164
so did i miss some thing but what hd wheel will work
i have a vrod wheel

so did i miss some thing but what hd wheel will work
i have a vrod wheel

Many of the aftermarket HD style wheels use a generic wheel with bolt on hubs either side of the centre altered for different models. ANY of those type of wheels will work.

hey jedi, been following this thread very closely. the wheels are one off the last things i have left to do to my bike. been trying to save for a set of rc's but they aint cheap. about 4x what you got into yours! couple of questions-1) where did you get the hub for the drive side on the wheel?
2) do you have a pic of the wheel from the drive side?
3) front wheel looks like it will only mount a rotor on one side?
4) will the front rim work with an 06 R1 front end?
i see there are a few different styles of this wheel combo on ebay for about the same as you paid, will you post the machining necessary to reproduce this mod? sorry so many questions, but i really need a sweet set of wheels on the bike and these look the shit!! great job on the setup keep up the excellant work.

later odieoh24

Hi,
1. I'm often asked that question. I was going to make a drive hub but stumbled upon something stupidly simple which I really don't want to reveal at present as it's intellectual property as I do have plans of selling the wheels/parts.
No doubt somebody will pick up the idea in due course and so be it.
If I don't get around to ever wanting to sell anything, then I will freely offer the info with details etc. no problems at all.

2. Yes, but for reasons above I don't really want to post them.

3. Front wheel hub has one rotor mount but another hub can be machined for the other side without much bother. I'm only going to run one rotor on mine.

4.The front rim can be made to fit any front end and the rear can be made to fit any rear end.

Last edited:
Hi,
1. I'm often asked that question. I was going to make a drive hub but stumbled upon something stupidly simple which I really don't want to reveal at present as it's intellectual property as I do have plans of selling the wheels/parts.
Do doubt somebody will pick up the idea in due course and so be it.
If I don't get around to ever wanting to sell anything, then I will freely offer the info with details etc. no problems at all.

2. Yes, but for reasons above I don't really want to post them.

3. Front wheel hub has one rotor mount but another hub can be machined for the other side without much bother. I'm only going to run one rotor on mine.

4.The front rim can be made to fit any front end and the rear can be made to fit any rear end.

i understand where you're coming from. i still keep a few secrets when it comes to some of the mods i've done to the bike. like the oil cooler setup i'm about to complete-total cost so far is under $200! and how i'm running an 01 R1 front wheel on a set of 06 R1 forks. gonna see if i can figure it out on my own, if not i'll wait to see if you offer wheels or parts to do them for sale. keep us posted on the progress. thanks jedi

later odieoh24

Yes, they're mounted up on the bike and when I get a few other bits to finish the bike off I'll be riding soon I hope.

I might just purchase another set myself anyway machine them up and then offer them for sale provided there is enough interest in them.

i want to use a stock hd v-rod/ night rod rear wheel can i do it with your parts

Yes, they're mounted up on the bike and when I get a few other bits to finish the bike off I'll be riding soon I hope.

I might just purchase another set myself anyway machine them up and then offer them for sale provided there is enough interest in them.

I think there is interest !

Back