Have Cobras Read

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98blackvmax

Reaction score
Hey folks just thought I would share this.I wrote an email to Cobra complaining I bought exhaust and there web sight says I would get the most out of my max and that I was told I would lose 10HP.There engineer emailed me back saying Iwould not lose 10HP and if I used there jet kit I would get a small gain.What ya think ???????

Rob

The key with the Cobras is to reject properly using their kit or your own set up and they will perform as good as stock, but not better, with no rear scavenging and the stock head pipes restrictions. The Cobras do sound and look good on the max.

Mike

go to a dyno before and after and prove it either way. Get their engineer to agree that if you lose power, they will refund the cost of exhaust + jet kit!

Dont use their jet kit, way too rich. Rejet with 147.5 mains

For true. Their jet kit includes 155 mains, the bike runs so rich it smells like the burn out pit at Irwindale when you're idling. I was topping out at 90 miles per tank using the Cobra recommended jets.

For true. Their jet kit includes 155 mains, the bike runs so rich it smells like the burn out pit at Irwindale when you're idling. I was topping out at 90 miles per tank using the Cobra recommended jets.

Sounds good guys Noxx72 what are you running now and how does it perform

Thanks Rob

Sounds good guys Noxx72 what are you running now and how does it perform

Thanks Rob

I'm running 147.5 mains suggested by our local carb guru. It's running great, but still moderately rich. I plan to change out the PAJ's to a larger size next time I have a sync tool around.

I may have lost a very small amount of "grunt" on the bottom, but it runs like a monkey thru the rest of the range now. Mileage still suffers, I only get about 105ish out of a tank, but then I also ride like a complete jackass so some loss in effeciency is attributed to my wrist problem.

With Morley's stage 6.5 carb setup and Holeshot's full system I run over 40mpg on the highway.

The last two Cobra bikes I saw ran 95bhp! I ran 124! :confused2: Now I realize engines are different and all but I had a whopping 3000 miles or so when I ran 124.

G-luck,
Chris

With Morley's stage 6.5 carb setup and Holeshot's full system I run over 40mpg on the highway.

The last two Cobra bikes I saw ran 95bhp! I ran 124! :confused2: Now I realize engines are different and all but I had a whopping 3000 miles or so when I ran 124.

G-luck,
Chris

Hater

I had Cobra's on my '94...notice I emphasized the word HAD.:damn angry:
Looked great--ran worse. I am sure there are folks that are happy with them but I have better things to do with my time than constantly fiddle with my bike to eek out every drop of power from it (not that that is a bad thing:biglaugh:) but after I had installed their jet kit, which happens to be made for them by Dynajet and is pretty much the stage1 but with less choices for mains, It just had a noticeable loss in HP and a measurable increase in fuel consumption.

I canned them, bought new carbie diaphragms to replace the drilled ones that was done to complement the "jetting" :bang head: for the Boulevard exhausts, went back to the stock jetting and drilled cans and, Viola!

I love the look of the slashcuts but I was unwilling to part with any more lost ponies.
Good luck,
Bud

I'm running 147.5 mains suggested by our local carb guru. It's running great, but still moderately rich. I plan to change out the PAJ's to a larger size next time I have a sync tool around.

I may have lost a very small amount of "grunt" on the bottom, but it runs like a monkey thru the rest of the range now. Mileage still suffers, I only get about 105ish out of a tank, but then I also ride like a complete jackass so some loss in effeciency is attributed to my wrist problem.

Thanks for the info I guess ill start with the 147.5 mains and go from there that is when the Damn snow goes away.Can only dream right now

Thanks again Rob

when the Damn snow goes away.Can only dream right now

Thanks again Rob

Relax, your not alone in the waiting game :biglaugh: about 14 more weeks to go here till the roads should be good enough to ride on, but temps will still be in the 20's-30's

Relax, your not alone in the waiting game :biglaugh: about 14 more weeks to go here till the roads should be good enough to ride on, but temps will still be in the 20's-30's
Thanx God it's supposed to be in the mid 80's here this weekend. Got tired of riding on those balmy 60-degree days :eusa_dance:

hey I'm only tryinna bring you guys up north a lil' ray of sunshine :th_party39::th_party39::th_party39:

hehehe :punk:

Thanks we need it its snowed every day for the last 5 days>The only good part is was off work and went to a shop and saw the new Vmax very nice

Thanks for the info I guess ill start with the 147.5 mains and go from there that is when the Damn snow goes away.Can only dream right now

Thanks again Rob

Sounds like a good plan to me - Let us know how it works out when the snow is gone.

Mike

Back