Heavy Duty Starter & Ground Cable Kit on eBay

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m-cman

Alien Abductee
Reaction score
Anyone tried the kit mentioned in the title? The guy from England is selling a kit on eBay that includes heavy duty cables for the ground and starter.It is about $70 shipped so wanted some feedback before buying. Couldn't find anything using the search function.

Save your money on the e-Bay item - if you want one get it here, 3rd item down, $30.50 posted.

I have fitted one and the quality of the part is exemplary.

Is it worthwhile?
That depends on what you are trying to fix. Some guys have some success in sorting the reluctant hot start on bikes with the two brush motor.
It also ensures that you have the best possible earth.

I did the same as Max Midnight in the UK order (that site has some great vendor links as well.) Fantastic, simple, inexpensive improvement.

Elimax

I don't know if that my kits were purchased off of eBay but I am pretty sure they are the same ones. I have all three kits on my bike, the T boost, heavy duty ground and heavy duty starter kit. They are leaps and bounds better than the factory parts. All quality materials and workmanship on mine. The starter cable for example is the much heavier gauge with the finer and higher count wires inside. As most electricians know, it's the outside of each wire that acts as the conduit for energy thus, more wires, more energy. My bike has never left me stranded and I have an old 1990 vintage Max.

I fixed my hot start problem on my two brush motor by simply taking it apart, cleaning every piece with a wire wheel and raising the grounding tabs on the brush plate. I also cleaned the points where the starter case contacts the engine block.

Save your money on the e-Bay item - if you want one get it here, 3rd item down, $30.50 posted.

I have fitted one and the quality of the part is exemplary.

That is the same guy selling on eBay. He sells the ground kit, the starter kit or a combined kit. I was looking at the combined kit. Thanks for the input.

I fixed my hot start problem on my two brush motor by simply taking it apart, cleaning every piece with a wire wheel and raising the grounding tabs on the brush plate. I also cleaned the points where the starter case contacts the engine block.

DITTO!

Total cost: $7+ for a gallon of antifreeze changed out at the same time.

Finally got the starter and ground kit and am installing. Is there any source for the starter cable boot at the starter end of the cable? It covers the end of the cable and the nut/bolt where it bolts to the starter. Mine disintegrated when I moved it to unbolt the old cable. They are supposed to be swapped over to the new wires according to the instructions. They are not in the kit. It is an exposed area and would like to get a new boot to protect it. If nothing available, any suggestions to protect the connection? Thanks....

I installed his combo kit, too. But just to do it, was not trying to fix any hot starting issues or charging problems. I did as part of my starter clutch job, which also involved rebuilding the starter motor. The best that I can testify is that it didn't introduce any probs

If nothing available, any suggestions to protect the connection? Thanks....

You could buy a spark plug boot from a lawnmower/tractor shop.

XmXr5xQBUkQrjIgoBYhQO-RGwUW0lqwQBonBOS5yagRfWvm7inkx8oUeHtTm2Yr9oL0NuyMhA7RzfiKyC3_UUaNg32nbXiHNBVuHonZataZPtRLEva-MzHh4He0CzxWnGTlcZtHSvB58dgoYMHzp7LU6EVCcgXE

Attachments

• Boot - Pic 1.jpg
    Boot - Pic 1.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Boot - Pic 2.jpg
    Boot - Pic 2.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Boot - Pic 3.jpg
    Boot - Pic 3.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 9
If you have braided hoses get the old hoses and remove the banjo rubber caps from there and use it on the starter...

I found something that worked with a little trimming. A Dorman PCV valve rubber cover #46017 for some Fords. Looks original with careful trimming of the larger part to match the oem part. Thanks for all the suggestions....

Attachments

• Dorman 46017.jpg
    Dorman 46017.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 5
Back