Heresy

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

el oso

Reaction score
This may be way out there, since the scoops are so beloved by seemingly all vmaxers, but has anyone done any restyling of the bike without the scoops? I can't seem to find any pics along these lines on the net - anywhere. The scoops seem to be the central visual theme of the max for most people, and I personally think the engine and frame are way cool looking and the scoops, well, please don't take offense at this, but they are fake. I'd love to see some examples of what has been done before I take the scoops off of my max. Anybody know of any scoopless max pics?

eBay had a Max for Auction a few months ago that did away with scoops by mounting a "traditional" gas tank on it. This tank was actually made foe a Max by one of Max supplier. Unfortunately, I did not save the pick and have no
way to research it. I will say it was well done and did not look goofy but you could be mistaken for any other big cruiser then.

Agreed, going with a traditional tank makes the bike look, well, kind of boring. Totally destroys the Max's unique look.

I guess if you couple the two gas tanks you might finally get a decent range out of the bike though. Even if you only got 2 gallons in that top one, having a total of six would be nice. Could push 200 miles on a tank, that'd be nice.

Fatmax.com

The pic on the right reminds me of a Suzuki Madura. Not a bad thing. I disagree that removing the scoops wrecks the look...it will definitely be harder to identify as a Vmax from a front-on view.

Enjoy the new look and the extended range if you decide to go this route!

Cheers!

Blaine

only thing ryan is do you want to sit on a max for 200miles??? think not but nice to be able to have the range and not worry if that was the last pit stop available for the next 45 mins and standing in the middle of now where :bang head:

The bike on the French site davidon provided is more like what I was thinking about. Thanks. I also found some neat looking bikes on a site I found by Googling "vmax vs. vrod", again from Europe. I guess I'm more interested in a "Euro-look". The fat gas tank completely hides the upper frame that I want to emphasize. I can weld, and right now I'm toying with the idea of making up a Ducatti-like space frame. I think that's really what I'm after. Looks like a chain drive will also be in the plan. I actually prefer the shaft drive, but the chain opens up so many sportbike wheel possibilities while the shaft is very limited. I think it's worth it for the quick-change ratio capability also.

The bike on the French site davidon provided is more like what I was thinking about. Thanks. I also found some neat looking bikes on a site I found by Googling "vmax vs. vrod", again from Europe. I guess I'm more interested in a "Euro-look". The fat gas tank completely hides the upper frame that I want to emphasize. I can weld, and right now I'm toying with the idea of making up a Ducatti-like space frame. I think that's really what I'm after. Looks like a chain drive will also be in the plan. I actually prefer the shaft drive, but the chain opens up so many sportbike wheel possibilities while the shaft is very limited. I think it's worth it for the quick-change ratio capability also.

I like the Euro look as well. Especially the larger tires for front & back , ala Taylor styles. Ducati style extra bracing would also help in places the Max tends to flex. A notched & braced stock swing arm will give you room for radial 190 / 55 / 17s which most sport bikes spec., w/o going to the expense of chain drive , even if it saves you more than a little weight. :punk:

This may be way out there, since the scoops are so beloved by seemingly all vmaxers, but has anyone done any restyling of the bike without the scoops? I can't seem to find any pics along these lines on the net - anywhere. The scoops seem to be the central visual theme of the max for most people, and I personally think the engine and frame are way cool looking and the scoops, well, please don't take offense at this, but they are fake. I'd love to see some examples of what has been done before I take the scoops off of my max. Anybody know of any scoopless max pics?[/QUOTE]
i NO DIFFERENT THEN FAKE " BREAST'S " AND WE ALL LOVE THEM ! . :biglaugh: . :rofl_200: . :rofl_200: . :rofl_200: . :punk:

Latest posts

Back