HID setup

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope you didn't take it as an attack on you, I didn't intend it that way, this is the first time you mention your kit is a combination of Halogen & HID, the HID is for low & halogen is for hi beam. the problem with your kit is that the halogen will burn sooner than the HID and consumes the same current as a stock halogen bulb, YES yours does not need housing cutting.
what I am talking about is Bi xenon bulb with the solenoid that moves the bulb in Hi/ low beam positions, this bulb requires cutting the housing.
what is misleading (& not intentional) is when you say you did not modify the headlight housing and people order the bi xenon kit, they feel they ordered the wrong kit.

The slim is for the ballast, the bulbs are the same.

Hmmm...perhaps now I am confused by your remarks. I dont think I have any halogen since both HI and low beam is pure HID, a single bulb. The high beam is only the relay that adjusts the bulb for its light output. Still this setup is a no mod setup and works awesomely. Going on my second year with this setup and indeed it is really bright at 55w 6000k pure white!

No harm in your comments, just want everyone to be strait on what we are all talking about. I have turned several people on to this setup and they have come to love it too!

Hmmm...perhaps now I am confused by your remarks. I dont think I have any halogen since both HI and low beam is pure HID, a single bulb. The high beam is only the relay that adjusts the bulb for its light output. Still this setup is a no mod setup and works awesomely. Going on my second year with this setup and indeed it is really bright at 55w 6000k pure white!

No harm in your comments, just want everyone to be strait on what we are all talking about. I have turned several people on to this setup and they have come to love it too!

Can you post a photo of the bulb you have?

I bought the 55w Hi/Lo HID setup from DDM and there was NO WAY that bulb would fit w/o cutting out the back of the headlight housing! Maybe you got lucky and got a shorter bulb than what is normally sent:confused2:.

I bought the 55w Hi/Lo HID setup from DDM and there was NO WAY that bulb would fit w/o cutting out the back of the headlight housing! Maybe you got lucky and got a shorter bulb than what is normally sent:confused2:.

That's what I am saying, if he has a bixenon Hi/Low that doesn't require cutting the back of the headlight I would love to see that bulb, I don't know if he is trying to keep it a secret? I am only asking for a photo of the bulb he has.
whatever he has, HID puts out much more light than halogen & is worth the mod even if cutting the back of the headlight is required, once you try HID NO halogen bulb will satisfy.

I bought my H I D light system from hid country and it dont fit. bulb is to big so now i have to deal with sending it back. What a piss me off.

That's what I am saying, if he has a bixenon Hi/Low that doesn't require cutting the back of the headlight I would love to see that bulb, I don't know if he is trying to keep it a secret? I am only asking for a photo of the bulb he has.
whatever he has, HID puts out much more light than halogen & is worth the mod even if cutting the back of the headlight is required, once you try HID NO halogen bulb will satisfy.

Its not a secret, just a royal PITA to take it out. My time is very limited and I am tired of hearing this....so here is your wish of my pics!

I hope this satisfies your curiosity now. I am not sure why others DDM bulbs don't fit in the stock OEM setup unless they changed their supplier in the past 2 years.

Attachments

• light1.jpg
    light1.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 78
  • light2.jpg
    light2.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 77
  • light3.jpg
    light3.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 78
wont work

Attachments

• 2012-02-26_10-11-38_733.jpg
    2012-02-26_10-11-38_733.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 70
  • 2012-02-26_10-11-28_462.jpg
    2012-02-26_10-11-28_462.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 63
Its not a secret, just a royal PITA to take it out. My time is very limited and I am tired of hearing this....so here is your wish of my pics!

I hope this satisfies your curiosity now. I am not sure why others DDM bulbs don't fit in the stock OEM setup unless they changed their supplier in the past 2 years.

Thanks for sharing the secret, indeed the bulb is shorter at the back making it fit the headlight housing with no cutting, all other H4 bixenon bulbs on the market are longer & need cutting a hole at the back of the housing.
Thanks Mike

Thanks for sharing the secret, indeed the bulb is shorter at the back making it fit the headlight housing with no cutting, all other H4 bixenon bulbs on the market are longer & need cutting a hole at the back of the housing.
Thanks Mike

No worries.....I am wondering if DDM changed their bulb housing too and thats why the others are having issues too perhaps? Either way, HID ROCKS!!!:punk:

No worries.....I am wondering if DDM changed their bulb housing too and thats why the others are having issues too perhaps? Either way, HID ROCKS!!!:punk:

Its pure luck on DDM part that they are using this kind of bulb but if they start using the other kind in the photo cutting will be the only way to fit it.
yes HID is the only way if one needs to see at night vs using a high watt halogen bulb that produces twice the amount of heat a HID produces.

Attachments

• bixeninh4.jpg
    bixeninh4.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 33
Do you get complete instructions for hooking this up/ thanks

To be honest, I don't remember any instructions. I just pulled it out of the box and installed it.

I wouldn't be too worried about instructions. There are many here who have done the conversions and are active members, so if you were to have a question about installations, you would have your answer quickly.

Latest posts

Back