Highway pegs for Vmax?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rambrosi

Reaction score
Can anyone help me find a pair of Highways pegs for long trips under $115.
Once agin thank you all as this is the only place on the entire www that can answer these sort of questions.

Keep the shiny side up and thnaks in advance!

I roll a full set of forward controls with Iso-wings replacing the round pegs. They are a real boon out on the highway if you're over 5'10".

If you have engine / crash guards, I'm pretty sure the Kurakyn universals will bolt right up to those, or you could even frame mount these dudes I think http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go/Home.ProductDetail/catID/18/scID/53/IMID/481 but running them in combo with the crash guards would give you a little more room.

not sure if they'd stick out far enough KJ. maybe tho..

Far enough or not, those Emgo pegs look like, well, I don't like the look of them. Spende a couple of dollars at least.

Far enough or not, those Emgo pegs look like, well, I don't like the look of them. Spende a couple of dollars at least.

+1 I'm not big on the Emgo pegs either. But if ya want cheap there's yer sign:clapping:

I never really cared for highway pegs. My chopper's forward controls where comfy. I had highway pegs on my goldwing but rarely used them, and eventually took them off. The floorboard were more comfortable. I hate to admit it, but with the floorboards and the heel-toe shifter, there were many a time I went for a ride in my slippers.

Yes Chris, the same deer hide ones I did the burnout in. :biglaugh:

+1 I'm not big on the Emgo pegs either. But if ya want cheap there's yer sign:clapping:

I never really cared for highway pegs. My chopper's forward controls where comfy. I had highway pegs on my goldwing but rarely used them, and eventually took them off. The floorboard were more comfortable. I hate to admit it, but with the floorboards and the heel-toe shifter, there were many a time I went for a ride in my slippers.

Yes Chris, the same deer hide ones I did the burnout in. :biglaugh:
Yah just can't never tell where a good pair of deer hide slippers will show up next.:punk:

I just picked up a set of Offset Highway Pegs from Kuryakyn and slapped em on the engine guards, works well enough for me...Although they are about $130

a couple of pics with them folded up:
attachment.php

picture.php

i will never put highway pegs on the front of engine guards that stick out sidways again. had 'em on my old max and i scraped them so easily had to take them off.

Depends on how often you need 'em. My club does a lot of middle to long distance riding that the max is nit really made for. Full forwards with big wings for my feet keep life bearable. If you only use them occassionaly, I imagine anything, including your case guards, would do

Depends on how often you need 'em. My club does a lot of middle to long distance riding that the max is nit really made for. Full forwards with big wings for my feet keep life bearable. If you only use them occassionaly, I imagine anything, including your case guards, would do

i agree on OEM crash bars. i have some random ones that don't really allow it to work as well and if I got OEM ones my exactrep frame braces would require some modding.

I have a custom set I made that i'll sell you cheap. $50.00 bucks shipped. ( I'll try to post them here. If they don't show up send me your email and I'll get pics to you. I have a 32inch inseam and these are perfect! Thanks Mark.

Attachments

• vmax Picture highway pegs and fab pics 001.jpg
    vmax Picture highway pegs and fab pics 001.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 73
  • vmax Picture highway pegs and fab pics 006.jpg
    vmax Picture highway pegs and fab pics 006.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 60
I replaced all my stock foot pegs with Kuryaken. They are heavy but work and intall easily. I out Kuryaken pegs on the V-Max engine guards and they work very well. Figure around $ 85.00 for highway pegs to fit the engine guards. I am very satified with Kuryakin products. You get what you pay for.

Latest posts

Back