Highway Pegs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sambow

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place to post, and I know highway pegs have been discussed before, but... I was hoping to get some suggestions. I've got engine guards (see picture, I think they're the Yamaha ones but I didn't put them on..) and I think I'd like to get some highway pegs so I can kick back once in a while but not be trying to get my legs wrapped around the "tank" to rest my feet on the crash bars, which are too close to the bike. I saw some nice Kuryakyn pegs, but I'm not willing to spend close to $200 for such a simple part... I also saw some cheapo bikemaster pegs that looked like they could work but I'd like to hear other people's experiences. For one thing, I'm not sure if the bikemaster ones would be able to be mounted in a way that I could fold them back in without them looking extremely ugly. Thoughts?

-Sambow

Attachments

• CIMG1094.JPG
    CIMG1094.JPG
    160.2 KB · Views: 44
those look like the yamaha ones to me.

on my old max i had something like these on the engine guards:

http://www.jcwhitney.com/FOLD-UP-ROUND-O-RING-FOOT-PEGS/GP_2002578_N_111+10211+600014710_10111.jcw

they worked well.. but i ride the max hard and i kept dragging them (when folded up) so i took them off. they only add maybe 1.5 inches out on each side when folded up, so its not bad, but if you want highway pegs those worked for me...

infact i may even still have them if you wanted them cheap.. PM me if interested...

I don't need anything fancy so if they worked for you they should work for me! One question, did you put anything between the bracket and engine guard? I've heard they tend to slip and putting some rubber between the two metals keeps them in place.

Another way is to keep the engine guards and mount a set of foot pegs onto them - either drill and tap the end of the bar or down the side of the tube. I chose the later method, but either will work depending on how long your legs are.

Mike

Attachments

• max1.jpg
    max1.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 61
I don't need anything fancy so if they worked for you they should work for me! One question, did you put anything between the bracket and engine guard? I've heard they tend to slip and putting some rubber between the two metals keeps them in place.

um.. as i remember right i was thinking of doing the same. i remember one was on there really really well and the other was pretty good, but slipped if i pressed on it instead of rested my legs...

Another way is to keep the engine guards and mount a set of foot pegs onto them - either drill and tap the end of the bar or down the side of the tube. I chose the later method, but either will work depending on how long your legs are.

Mike

i just clamped mine right where yours were with the supplied clamps.

Yeah, I'm definitely not getting rid of my engine guards, I like that "just in case" protection. Your setup looks about like what I'm looking for. Can you answer the above question, did you put anything between the clamp and engine guard to keep it from slipping?

Yeah, I'm definitely not getting rid of my engine guards, I like that "just in case" protection. Your setup looks about like what I'm looking for. Can you answer the above question, did you put anything between the clamp and engine guard to keep it from slipping?

me or mike?

Sorry Garrett, that answers my question, I was posting while you were so I didn't see your message about how you mounted your pegs. I'll PM you about your old pegs. Thanks guys!

me or mike?

I bought a set of Kuryakyn switchblades for $130.00. Thats from Gary mccoy with our dicounts. I sure like having the heel rest that flips out. To me it was worth the money. now you have many options on your position.

and you say 200.00 for something simple,

one, that seems overpriced, here at denniskirk.com which IS an overpriced website, the switchblades sell for 170.00, and these are a more expensive foot peg for kuryakyn

two, they are not that simple, many pieces, chrome and so on. I understand not paying for looks or name

but with the switchblade you get way more function and thats what makes them worth it. just my opinion

I ended up getting these pegs from motorcycle-superstore for 37 bucks, and put them on my bike yesterday. They look pretty much the same as the above picture, since I have the same engine guards as well. I love them! For 37 bucks I can't complain at all. Took about 15 minutes to install and adjust and the support me fine. I wrapped a rubber band (the kind asparagus comes in) around the engine guard before putting the clamp on in hopes it would stick better and it seems to work fine. Going down the road if I push on one peg or the other the whole bike moves so they are sturdy enough. I did at one point make the mistake of trying to re-arrange my pants by push my butt of the seat using both feet on the pegs and I felt them move then, but barring that they are rock solid.

Latest posts

Back