Holeshot mounting issue.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noxx72

Reaction score
Holeshot mounting issue, hralp!

Got a set of Dale Walker slip-ons (courtesy of Vmax626, who deserves a nice guy award) and decided to throw them on today.

Getting them on the pipes wasn't bad, a little pulling here and prying there got them seated up just fine. I am having a HELL of a time getting the mounting straps on however.

These came right off Dave's bike, so I KNOW they were on a Vmax (same year, incidentally) but GD, the left can hangs out in the breeze, the right side one is rubbing on my lower shock mount, and I'll be damned if I can get the straps for either of them to mount up where they are supposed to.

Is there a trick to this or should I just commence to bending shit? :bang head:

Leave EVERYTHING loose and you'll have to pull and twist until right. His system is the best fitting one out there IMO so it takes some time to get it to fit right.

Chris

Leave EVERYTHING loose and you'll have to pull and twist until right. His system is the best fitting one out there IMO so it takes some time to get it to fit right.

Chris

Thanks, I'll go back and try that in a bit I think. I finally managed to get the straps on, but they are on the outside of the mounting points, rather than inside, and look like hell (also does not keep right pipe off shock).

I should have thought of getting the clamps started with the slip on still only hand tight, I'm sure your suggestion will fix it.

(After I put my back straight, ow).

Like all simple things, so damn obvious. What I SHOULD have done, was started with the mounting points, since they have the most play, left them loose and gone forward to the headers from there. I'm sure it'll go together much easier when I get around to doing them again.

Interesting side note, I have every intention of knocking that stupid tack-weld out of the Cobras I just removed and running them as open pipes some future weekend just to see how that pans out.

Ya wanna sell the Cobras??:confused2:

Not for a few weeks anyway, gotta decide whether or not I like the Holeshots first.

Gotta admit, the Cobras look nice, even though that's about all they do, aside from collecting drag marks.

I haven't dragged a pipe cornering in three days, I almost don't know what to do with myself.

Latest posts

Back