Honeymoon

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasondon

Reaction score
I just got back from our honeymoon on Friday, had an awesome trip to Hawaii. First time and we loved it. Aside from all the of fun and memories, we seen something terribly sad. We drove passed a bike accident minutes after it happened. Turned out the guy was on a crotch rocket (speed suspected), layed it down, and was announced dead at the scene. It was terrible to see. It was a 40MPH road, his exhaust was nearly 500ft from his bike and they had the guy, who was a local working at a hotel, with a tarp over him waiting to be scraped up. If that isn't a reality check I dont know what is.

Being from Canada where helmets are the law, we were blown away by all the people buzzing around with no helmet on, shorts and Tshirts and flip flops. While a helmet and gear doesnt save your life, I am a firm believer that with proper gear you increase your odds of surviving an accident exponentially. If he was stunting, wheelie or whatever (which looked to be the case), that doesnt help either.

Anyways, it was a huge eye opener for me at the beginning of the season, and I thought I would pass the story along, even though it's a sad one...ride safe and use your gear.

Safe riding everyone,

Jason

Very tragic,....but a lesson to heed for all. Unfortunately.

Hope all was well with your trip,...congrats man.
And all the best to you for this riding season.

Thanks for the reminder, and all the best to you and your wife in your new journey together.
Wait, let me play the role of one of your parents or inlaws here--"So, when are you gonna give me some grandkids to play with?" hehehe.

Thanks for the reminder, and all the best to you and your wife in your new journey together.
Wait, let me play the role of one of your parents or inlaws here--"So, when are you gonna give me some grandkids to play with?" hehehe.

If by grandkids you mean another bike, how does this summer sound? More the merrier right? Ha ha, thanks guys, had a great time. I even got to rent a hardly...man those things are heavy, but a ride by the ocean is a ride by the ocean.....even if there is a trail of oil behind you :biglaugh:

It's not a case of "if" you'll have an accident, it's a matter "when"! Riding gear saves skin & lives.

I've got friends that ride without gear... One of them is a Vmax rider. He tells me he's not planning on crashing... Uh huh...

I always wear my gear. I like my skin on my body thank you! lol

Congrats on the marriage! Glad you liked HI. I've been twice and looking to go in 2010 if the stars align just right...

Chris

Congrats on the wedding and honeymoon. Just curious, which island were you on?
My wife surprised me with a trip to Hawaii in '07. We stayed on the big Isl for a week and rented an "07 HD EGClassic. We had a blast exploring for the day, touring the north tip all the way to the south tip of the isl. Brand new Harley, behaved without a glitch.
The second week we explored the other islands with a cruise. Gave us a good snapshot of what the other islands had to offer. Loved the state so much we brought our 3 daughters there last year.

Good to hear you got out for a ride. Sorry to hear about the accident. As tempting as it is to ride in a T shirt, I too try to wear ATG... most of the time.

We were in Maui for a week, and then waikiki for 4 nights. We rented the Harley (same bike as you, but I think an 08) in Maui, it was awesome, definately one of the highlights of our trip. Nothing beats riding in front of the ocean (especially when there is 6 inches of snow at home).

I loved Maui, slow pace and beautiful scenery. Waikiki we will probably skip next time. Too busy/commercial for us, didnt really feel like a holiday being in the middle of a big city. We are already planning our next trip, and want to check out either the big island, or Kauai in addition to Maui again.

Which islands are you planning on going to next? Would you go back to the big island?

Latest posts

Back