Horn is stuck on -- Fixed

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nosvmax

Reaction score
Ok I just bought my vmax a month ago and its been a sweet ride so far. I cant get enough of it, keep her clean and polished I learned not to armorall the seat the other day after I almost did one of trick stunts of hanging off the back of the bike holding the grabrail.
New problem now and very embarassing. I went into the store this afternoon to purchase some beer and smokes. When I came out a guy was looking at my bike and admiring it. I was a proud owner and talked to him for awhile. I got on the bike put the key in and heard the fuel pump and whizzing noise and fired her up revving it like a lil kid almost to the point of dropping my beer!:bang head: When I turned the handlbars ))))))HONK(((((((((((((( and it wouldnt stop! the guy was looking at me like what? I nodded my head and pulled out with the horn blarring )))))))))))HONK(((((((( people were staring at me and pointing... )))))))))HONK((((((( I had to ride all the way home with a case of beer balanced on the tank with the damn horn blaring away! Has this ever happened to anyone? How do I fix it

Re: Horn is stuck on

Some bad connections inside the left handle switch. Maybe some water coused som short circut. Try to diassemble and see what happen inside.
You may also try to check the horn and horn cables.Try to diassemble the horn and suply him from another source. Check horn cables,hey're just right under cooler from the left side.
You may need an multimeter and electrical diagram.

The v-max harnes is not that perfect. The idea with insulating tape twisting around all harnes is a not good idea, another not very good idea from yamaha.

Thanks for the tips. I hit the honker button a few times with a hammer to make sure it wasnt stuck. I turned the key on what do ya know )))))))HONK((((((((( my neighbors love me, guess I will run over and leave a beer can on there porch for the morning

The hammer was a bit harsh as for the beer can was it empty or full ? :ummm:

I didnt whop on it just a rat a tat tat here and a rat a tat tat there and a few cuss words. I am thinking about spraying WD40 around the whole thing which will also lubricate the signal thing switcher. I have the blaster can which should get it if its just a stu
BUSTER IS A DICKHEAD
ck switch thing.

I didnt whop on it just a rat a tat tat here and a rat a tat tat there and a few cuss words. I am thinking about spraying WD40 around the whole thing which will also lubricate the signal thing switcher. I have the blaster can which should get it if its just a stu
BUSTER IS A DICKHEAD
ck switch thing.

Lankee..... you just can't stay away can ya

Pathetic Donn at it again. :icon_rolleyes: Truly a loser with no life when he has to keep trying to sneak onto the forum (loser goes without saying as he's signed up to every dating service trying to get laid). Actually he's been a hot topic in my PMs as it seems he's ripped off 3 people who paid him for gauges and never received anything.

Hammer was a good trick,:bang head:
take the 2 screws out and seperate the switch caseing holding the horn button( they are on the bottom of the caseilng). Make sure the button disconnects---- ei: the spring pushes it back far enough to disconnect lelctrically.
The problem maybe be in the wireing harness( oh boy!!!!!) as the very regular turning of the steering head could have chaffed some wires. Hopefully its in the switch:confused2:
Lew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back