Hot day to be drag Racing.... my second official track runs ....... 11.50's

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
Ok it was hot, really hot! 94 degrees with a 7 mph headwind. So I know the bike will run faster then it is.

This time full leathers so I could balls out the bike.

My first pass was dismal 12.11.... the whole run wasn't good. Next pass 11.77 115 and then it kept going lower from there. A few 11.60's runs and a few 11.50's runs.

I just didn't want to run it too much more, the bike was hot and I rode it to the track, so I didn't want to beat the total living snot out of it.

Best pass [email protected] mph

Best MPH of the day.... 118.83 mph !

60 foots still suffer.....1.850 best of the day. Most averaged around 1.90-1.94 area.

I had a major wheelstand and brought it down hard on my male parts!

So.... for a bone stock Vmax with slip ons , still needing the carbs jetted properly, I can't complain.

With the mph run of almost 119 mph and doing the math, in theory the bike should run 11.20's.

Which I think is probably acomplishable. I just need to tune it and get a good set of tires under it. Probably strap it down also.

I think I am going to set my goal to try and get as close to the low 11's with a stock bike.

With MPH and weight the few higher mph runs today show around 119 hp at the wheel.

Pretty amazing I think!

I video'ed with my new go pro all but two of my runs. I ll post them up later.

Todd

Hope I can do as well when it cools off here.... Haven't done the strip in 30+ years. I'm a Street Racer..

BTW: YOU SHIFT QUITE WELL... And, make pretty good videos too...:clapping:

Thank you!

I think with some cooler fall weather I should be knockin on the 11.20-30's range in stock form.

I am still running rich, so I think a change to smaller jets, or changing my needle location might help. We'll see, I just haven't had time to sit down and play with the carbs yet.

With some new tires and strapping the front end down, maybe I can get some 11.40's out of it.

Its all in the 60ft though, which I can't seem to get good launches yet. It either spins the tire or I have to ease out of the hole.

Right now I am about half throttle coming out of first gear and around 8500 or so I am giving it full juice. The tire comes up in first and second gear probably about 3-5 inches and I am not sure about third gear, I dont think its lifting then as I don't feel it.

I also get a little wobble in the front end, I have to check the bearings and what not on that. Its not bad, but I can feel it.

A rev limiter / ignition system would probably be a good install so I don't over rev when I shift.

When I hit 11.20's , I ll probably be saying next 10.90s LOL. We'll see, but I strongly believe this bike should run 11.20's.

Maybe if I trim my fat ass down some from 210 lbs, down to a nice 180ish weight....

And that stupid sissy seat is causing wind drag ;)

Todd

Nice job on the video and runs!........Shaumut Hills Yamaha is holding their rescheduled free drag day at US131 Motorsports Park Martin Mi on July 22nd.........If you have time, come join us!.................Tom.

YA Todd come join us in martin. I dont know how im going to shed 40lbs by the 22nd so i can get in the 11.50s so i better start looking into shedding vmax weight. LOL. Maybe 2fear will show up so i can baconate his little chicken-azz. :rofl_200:. You better bring a BIG frying pan little man.:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:.......VMAXT-MIKE.

Ya drop 2 mags and 2 guns will be a good start.

YA Todd come join us in martin. I dont know how im going to shed 40lbs by the 22nd so i can get in the 11.50s so i better start looking into shedding vmax weight. LOL. Maybe 2fear will show up so i can baconate his little chicken-azz. :rofl_200:. You better bring a BIG frying pan little man.:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:.......VMAXT-MIKE.
Sounds like me I need to lose 40 lbs but it dont seem to be happening but the bike did lose 40 lbs. I am shooting for some 10.7's when I make it back.

Heck 2fear is getting slow. I was looking forward to his funny azz shiz.

Well hell kyle how do i lose 40lbs of vmax-weight. (center stand and drivers backreast footpegs) what else without looking uncool without the bling.

And lose my bling no-way. The battery sounds good though.

Back