How 2 make max faster

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shorthair88

Reaction score
What are lets say the top 3 cheapest way to make max go faster? Not includeing pipe-jets-filter, ( Thats done already. ) I would sacrifice top end for low or mid acceleration improvement. Would putting on smaller rear tire improve low end much? Lets chat.

Shorthair........

1 - Loosing weight is usually the cheapest, and most people can do it.
2 - Morley's Jet Kit (might be worth looking into depending on what filters and jet kit you currently have... it may still be a worth while investment)
3 - Nitrous
4 - 1300 motor
5 - A chain drive conversion (may help out the acceleration)
6 - Gary's Turbo Kit (aka turbovmax)
7 - 1500 motor
8 - a 1500 motor with a trubo
9 - a 1500 motor with a turbo and nitrous
10 - buy this thing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yama...21984QQitemZ160301021984QQptZUSQ5fmotorcycles

'Faster' is somewhat of a vauge term. Lighter wheels will help, but lighter anything will help as well. Superchargers, different carb setup, fuel injection, and the list goes on.....

Jeff

I'm editing this afterr reading Morley's comments.... The nitrous is great and with small shots it will last a while, but it does run out. A larger motor, a turbo, supercharger will always be there with a flick of the wrist.

Jeff has it about right. Shorter wheels and tires do help out acceleration so a 17" with low profile tire will change rear ratio effectivity and also give a stickier tire at the same time. The nitrous route is inexpensive at first but you are limited to a few passes and continual refills (which will add up over time).

Of course you can do headwork and cams to help power but it's just as easy to get one of my 1300's and trade in your engine. Then do that kind of stuff to it (or a larger bore) and get very good power. The larger you go the less dependability you will have.

I've got a 1500 longrod chain drive turbo motor for sale if you really want to get a power boost. It went 8.30's @ 160 and had more left in it. I've even got a chassis that I can sell you.

If that's not enough I do have a 1570 block that is ready for assembly.

Sean
[email protected]

Cripes, I couldn't afford to rebuild that engine every 40,000 miles. Looks like Thomas Powell's bike.

14,000.00 :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Gee I wonder why he couldnt sell it to the 4000 people that viewed it?

He isnt proud of it is he?

14,000.00 :rofl_200:

I don't know that that price is ridiculous, I'm sure you'd spend more than that building the same thing. I think anyway.

Lemme see, I have about $30k+ into my 97 and about the only difference will be EFI, R1 front end, and the swingarm that Sean is making me. All told about $5k difference, so his price isn't too far out of line, but it is only truly worth what someone else will pay for it.

We all know the difference of

Money spent on building $$$$$$
Resale Value $$$$

We sure dont build these things for a profit, if you do your in the wrong buisness, look into the muscle car restoration buisness.

Very few are going to spend 14K on a used performace VMAX..

If I had 15K to throw away on a performance custom bike it wouldnt be a VMAX.

We all know the difference of

Money spent on building $$$$$$
Resale Value $$$$

We sure dont build these things for a profit, if you do your in the wrong buisness, look into the muscle car restoration buisness.

Very few are going to spend 14K on a used performace VMAX..

If I had 15K to throw away on a performance custom bike it wouldnt be a VMAX.

No argument there, I didn't put a ton of money into my bike to sell it for sure. Thing most don't understand is that the more you modify your bike the narrower your market really is should you decide to sell. I have/am modifying my Max to what my vision is and not everyone will have the same vision for sure.

Like I said, it is only worth what someone will pay for it, no more, no less:biglaugh:

And thats in $USD . Thats even worse from where im sitting , near the $30KNZD . Thats almost the price of the 09 . Is a nice example all the same:clapping::ummm::rofl_200::confused2::clapping:

Latest posts

Back