How do fork extensions work?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elimax

Reaction score
Hey folks:

How do those fork extensions I see for sale (by places like Cycle One-Off) work? Where on the forks do they bolt on, etc etc?

Thanks!

Elimax

Most make dropped triples to accommodate the shorter forks. I've seen custom extensions make too that sleeve over the fork. I thought I had see extensions that thread in place of the top plate but not sure how good/bad that is. The lower triple does the bulk of the work anyway. If you could extend the fork and make a custom stem you could reuse the triples from the donor bike and save a lot of time and money.

Sean

I think he's looking to buy some inverted forks either from Sean or COO and is asking whats up with the extensions fellas.
Sure bro, i was trying to be sarcastic :biglaugh:
Yeah i know, that was not funny...

However some people use extensions with usual fork. Dont ask me
why make flexy fork to be more flexy LOL :rofl_200:

Most make dropped triples to accommodate the shorter forks. I've seen custom extensions make too that sleeve over the fork. I thought I had see extensions that thread in place of the top plate but not sure how good/bad that is. The lower triple does the bulk of the work anyway. If you could extend the fork and make a custom stem you could reuse the triples from the donor bike and save a lot of time and money.

Sean
My zx10r forks are about 140mm shorter than v-max ones.
Its to much to lowered upper tree. Sure it can be done but it will looks like part from harvester so in many cases fork extend is must to do. In my case too.

Also i cant reuse my zx10r trees couse they to less ahead from the frame/tree axle.Posiblle contact with radiator. Too bad but honestly when im looking at zx10r trees then its no tragedy in my eyes, they look like from moped...

So I start new tripple tree project. Hope to have time and health to work.
I've already ordered 300mmx130x100 aluminium solid blocks.
Some people are worried about fork extensions, they think thats a bad idea and something may go wrong...

No worry to me about extensions couse the panzer tripple trees about 100mm high...both upper and lower.

Back