How hard does your V Boost hit??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

21Turner

Reaction score
I just got my bike back from the Yamaha shop. They went through my carbs and said the sync was way off, also adjusted the air fuel mixture. My V boost before they worked on it seemed to hit hard at 6,000 rpms. Now it does at 6500 and doesent seem as potent. Could it be because my bike is running that much smoother that I dont feel it as much?? How does yours feel when it comes in?

Mine hits it so fast you really don't notice it that much, I tried keeping it open all the time with the bigger paj jet and it did seem to punch a little harder down low but my gas mileage really went to shit so I changed it back to stock and I like it better this way, kinda miss the nasty sounding idle though.

It varies for me.
If I'm on a nitrous hit, I can't feel it. It just screams through it quickly.
I can feel it a more if I'm just getting on it, It's even more noticeable still if I slowly take it through 6000 r's.
Maybe it's not opening all the way, or its not calibrated right and the butterflies are already cracked open and thus your not getting the full effect.

On mine, it seems to hit hard at times and no so hard at others, however, this is when I'm raising hell all the time when I'm riding. If a run around for a few days never getting over 4 grand...then run hard...seems to hit hard for a few times. For me, I think I get used to the boost and then it doesn't feel as strong. Make any sense?:confused2:

Yamaha got "caught" in 85 with too-loud mufflers and so they changed them on 86 up to be quieter and more restrictive. However to compensate the v-boost tubes got a big bigger. They are all rated the same and if there is a difference, it's so small as to be negligible. Like Kyle said a bit of an inside joke among the 85ers.

You guys are awesome on this forum. Honesty! Thanks for not pulling the chain of a somewhat newbie!! :)

Oh now you've gone and let the cat out of the bag!

Noobs aren't supposed to know about the carb chains and the dramatic boost in HP they produce :icon_rolleyes:

Yamaha got "caught" in 85 with too-loud mufflers and so they changed them on 86 up to be quieter and more restrictive. However to compensate the v-boost tubes got a big bigger. They are all rated the same and if there is a difference, it's so small as to be negligible. Like Kyle said a bit of an inside joke among the 85ers.

This is why you can put an 85 exhaust on a later model and actually get a nominal HP increase. The reverse is true if you mount the larger Vboost on an 85 you get the same HP increase.

BTW, just askin', but what is Vboost:ummm: :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

My boost hits like a locomotive! I tweaked my air/fuel mixture screws yesterday, then went out for a test ride. Pulled out onto the street, and wound second gear out till vboost hit....resulting in a nice 6 inch wheelie that lasted for about 150 feet. Impressive. No clutch slipping,no weight shifting or jerking back on the bars, no B.S.....just straight up power!

This is why you can put an 85 exhaust on a later model and actually get a nominal HP increase. The reverse is true if you mount the larger Vboost on an 85 you get the same HP increase.

BTW, just askin', but what is Vboost:ummm: :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

i've always wondered what diameter the stage 7 vboost eliminater tubes are. are they 85 size or bigger? how big can they be made?

i could never wait till 6 grand to feel more power. i want it and i want it now!!

Mine seems to come in around 6,500r's and starts really feeling like a 2 strokes power band at 7,000

Back