How is the vmax rated for insurance purposes?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blacklightning

Reaction score
I am actively in search of my 2nd gen. vmax. One thing that I hadn't considered is how the bike is rated for insurance purposes. I have owned a zx14, which was definately considered a super sportbike, and had crazy insurance. I have a M109R, which isn't too bad, and I also have a zzr1200 which is considered a sport touring bike. Which category will the nearly 1700cc vmax fall into? I am hoping it will be similar to the M109r. Thanks for any input.

I have Progressive, and my 2010 Max is only $50 more per year than the 85- I put an agreed value of $4500 on the 85, and it's $550/yr, and full coverage on the 2010 is only $600.

Might want to talk to progressive again, that or your rates are significantly higher for where you live. My '85 has an agreed value of 6k with full coverage (+uninsured and underinsured) for only $193/year.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

In Michigan State Farm has the Gen1 listed as a cruiser. I inquired about adding a '03 FZ-1 and the rates were almost double. I'm not positive but I think they have the Gen2 listed as a cruiser.

Might want to talk to progressive again, that or your rates are significantly higher for where you live. My '85 has an agreed value of 6k with full coverage (+uninsured and underinsured) for only $193/year.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Same here on my 85 with progressive...For got to mention I get a muti motorcycle discount, so I can't quote the actual number, but it's cheap.

Dunno how it's rated, but ... when I pulled the Triumph I smashed and insured the Vmax ... they sent me a check for the difference.

That said, I identified it as a vmx1200.

Not sure how mines classified but its under $170 for full insurace for the year with allstate.

I have allstate, and the Vmax is listed as a cruiser. My insurance kidded me when I first bought that bike. He said with its HP ratings better be glad its listed as a cruiser. Because its listed as a cruiser my ins. was around 200 a year. If it was a sportsbike..it would be around 1200 a year.

I like Progressive, in MA they let me insure it to cover options and recoup some decent value if it's wrecked or stolen. The price isn't bad for me either. Could be the the benefit of being an old bastard
confused24.gif

2 Vmax's with Foremost, 100,000- 300,000 and 50,000.
Stated values for my 89 and 94. No uninsured motorist.
No med pay. a little over $300 a year.

Latest posts

Back