How to remove a locking fuel cap without key?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naughtyG

Reaction score
Title say it all..

I have a locking fuel cap on my spare gas tank, and I need to remove it. I don't care for the cap so destroying it is no problem, but I don't want to damage the tank.

Has anyone ever done this, and if so what's the way to do it?

You mean, drill through the key hole? Then what? At the moment the cap spins freely while it's locked..

And yes, I do have a radiator.

Yep, take a bigest drill that you can find, be evil and make some destruction :D

Or you may try to take flat screwdriver and try to brake the lock.

Im still waiting for the insurance company and for my money :damn angry:
They invastigating my accident, they think that im lying and hit...dont f know...tree or cow lol whats a jerks :bang head:
I should call for cops...
So soon when ill get my money ill shoot you an PM, hope you will still have that radiator.

not yet - been too busy riding the bike to take the old tank to the key shop so I can make a bump key. Might take it today, although over last couple bike has been running mostly ok so I think I'm fine for the weekend.

wonder if you try a few vmax keys maybe you will get lucky and find one that will open it?

Re: How to remove a locking fuel cap without key? - SORTED!

I took the tank to my favorite locks shop earlier on, in view to get a blank key that fitted the hole to make a bump key.

The guy there got his lock picking gear out, and in about 2mns he got it open and removed the cap. :clapping: $12, but it was worth it.

I spent the rest of the afternoon prepping that old tank for exterior paint, thought I might as well since I'm most probably gonna swap it. Then I also noticed that it has actually been treated inside - it's some kind of silver/gold looking paint all over the inside. I guess I'll Kreem mine as well and fleaBay one of them..

Back