i " DAYTONA BIKE WEEK "

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i I JUST GOT HOME , LEFT YESTERDAY MORNING , HIT A LITTLE RAIN HERE AND THERE ON THE WAY UP , THEN WE RODE IN THE RAIN , MULTIPLE TIMES LAST NIGHT , EVEN DOWN MAIN STREET , THEN I RODE HOME TODAY TO ( SOUTH FLORIDA ) LEFT ABOUT 11:45 A.M. , IT RAINED THE WHOLE FUCKING WAY HOME , SPRINKLED HALF WAY AND FUCKING " MONSOON-ED " THE REST ! . :bang head: FUCK RAIN :bang head: .FUCK RAIN :bang head: .FUCK RAIN :bang head: .FUCK RAIN :bang head: .FUCK RAIN :bang head: . MY V-MAX IS A FUCKING MESS ! . ......................,,,,,,,,,,................................. " FUCK RAIN " !

I thought about you guys last night when I was watching the MX races,yes it RAINED! that sucks that you got caught in it Tim. How did the spikes go over.

What no rain gear? Oh wait, probably wouldn't very well with your setup. That sucks Tim!
Does anyone go to the races? I hope Marcus does well again, nice to have a Gen1 on top of the HP hill once again!

i I JUST GOT HOME , LEFT YESTERDAY MORNING , HIT A LITTLE RAIN HERE AND THERE ON THE WAY UP , THEN WE RODE IN THE RAIN , MULTIPLE TIMES LAST NIGHT , EVEN DOWN MAIN STREET , THEN I RODE HOME TODAY TO ( SOUTH FLORIDA ) LEFT ABOUT 11:45 A.M. , IT RAINED THE WHOLE FUCKING WAY HOME , SPRINKLED HALF WAY AND FUCKING " MONSOON-ED " THE REST ! . :bang head: FUCK RAIN :bang head: .FUCK RAIN :bang head: .FUCK RAIN :bang head: .FUCK RAIN :bang head: .FUCK RAIN :bang head: . MY V-MAX IS A FUCKING MESS ! . ......................,,,,,,,,,,................................. " FUCK RAIN " !

Yep, lots and lots of rain! I still had a blast!!! in a soggy sort of way. :punk: Cop Runner, I saw you on main st Saturday night. You were headed east on main just in front of boot hill/the bank about midnight or so. I was parked across the st waiting for some friends to get down the strip. You were stuck in traffic right in front of me. I revved it up to get your attention and we exchanged a couple thumbs up. Love the spikes man. It was dark, and my memory is a bit fuzzy from 12 hours of bar hopping, but the spikes stick out....literally... :biglaugh:

My bike is a fucking mess as well! I've come to realize that polished aluminum sucks ass! Looks better than chrome IMO when clean, but the whole thing looks like shit now and needs to be re-polished. Just from rain....The wicked salt spray from the 30+mph sea breeze didnt help any either. Got lots of little rust specks on the brake line banjos and misc fasteners....fuck.

Re: i \\\" DAYTONA BIKE WEEK \\\"

Yeah the recent squalls have been a pain. But I got an absolutely beautiful ride in today--especially with the time change. I was able to ride home with sunset lighting the River instead of streetlights. I hate to jink it by saying anything, but it suppose to be a sun-shiny weekend this coming weekend. I\'m thinking of going to at least one of the super bike races before or after the VMOA Cookout at Boxenstopp on Saturday, we\'ll see. Boost and CP, what way did y\'all take? 95 or US1?

Re: i \\\" DAYTONA BIKE WEEK \\\"

Yeah the recent squalls have been a pain. But I got an absolutely beautiful ride in today--especially with the time change. I was able to ride home with sunset lighting the River instead of streetlights. I hate to jink it by saying anything, but it suppose to be a sun-shiny weekend this coming weekend. I\'m thinking of going to at least one of the super bike races before or after the VMOA Cookout at Boxenstopp on Saturday, we\'ll see. Boost and CP, what way did y\'all take? 95 or US1?

VMOA Cookout? Please elaborate! Where is Boxenstopp? I took US-1. 95 is never a fun ride for me. Only time I ever jump on the interstate is if I am in a huge hurry to get somewhere. Agh! I'm going to be down in the keys for "work" this weekend. Dammit!! :bang head:

Man I don't think it could've been any more gorgeous. 75-degree commute to and from via US1--cloudless blue skies. Met up with some really cool VMOA cats at Boxentstopp and picked up some great tips and new ideas. Finally got to see a Gen2 in person--drooooool. Went to Main Street--didn't drive it, but thank god for the FJR master. There was no way I'dve been able to handle the DD in the congestion getting over there. We grabbed a couple beers at Dirty Harry's and took in the Wet T-shirt contest. Meandered up and down the strip eying the high-heeled St. Patty Day Leprechauns dancing atop the bars, and drooled over some sick-ass customs.

Yo, twistedmax, I think I have the wife convinced now. She absolutely detests the passenger seat.

I, do however, have a new-found respect for the wife. All she could say was "go faster" and poked me a couple times as I let up to take in the sites and fell behind a pack of speedsters. I did managed to finally throw her into the sissy pad when I found a stretch of road to run through the gears WOT. hehehehe

http://s1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/gcalica/Bike%20Week%202012/?albumview=slideshow

I was at Boxenstopp for the clean-up of the barbeque, no food:confused2:.
One gray-haired fellow did an Arte Johnson (Laugh-In) tip-over in the parking lot. I am not sure what happened. He climbed on & was sitting on it, then he toppled-over, breaking a mirror head off & hurting only his pride, thankfully.

I spent some time talking w/the gracious host & hostess, and who lingered after the food. A painter who does work for the business was there. He had several bikes present he had done, marbleized, flip-flop, flames, and my favorite, a royal blue & silver metalflake.

Several of the riders displayed their ability to paint road-rubber when they departed. Nothing like at the strip after rolling thru the water box, though.

I asked a few of the remaining people if they were on the forum here, and didn't get a single soul to say, "yes." Most of them thought I was referring to VMOA. Strangely, I was unable to find anyone from the forum, but as I said, I got there as they were cleaning-up from the food.

We headed over to the Speedway but the exhibitors were folding their tents and hitting the road as the race (the 200) was concluding. We saw the last half from the Hooters across the street.

damn i must've headed out a hour or two 'fore you showed up. the wife was itchin' to see Main Street. Ya that blue metal flake was amazing, wasn't it. you see the "incredible hulk" they were trying to sell? one thing that i'm happy to find out was that i most definitely don't want a clear stator or middle gear cover. hope i don't offend owners of such things, but oil isn't as flattering as anti-freeze.

Yeah, I actually liked the green tint of the clear side cases, but I have a friend here who runs the clear covers and he is not leak-free. The USD forks & radial wheel/tires were cool. If they raffled-off a paint job & I won, I would go w/that guy's metalflake in some solid color. Real 1960's/'70's old school.

The guy working on his mirror is who dropped his bike while stationary. Someone donated a spare mirror they had to him.

There is a shot of the blue metalflake paint job. Bike had f & r radials. The front bike in pic #3 was painted by the same guy as the blue metalflake bike.

Third is a row of bikes whose riders are getting ready to leave after the bar-b-q.

Attachments

• Daytona Bike Week 2012 003.jpg
    Daytona Bike Week 2012 003.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 9
  • Daytona Bike Week 2012 006.jpg
    Daytona Bike Week 2012 006.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Daytona Bike Week 2012 007.jpg
    Daytona Bike Week 2012 007.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Back