i " NO ETHANOL "

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell If there was that option for that price here I would try it. But the only place that sells True high test gas around here charges 9-12 a gallon and they get it bootleg so there is no guarantee of the true quality.

compared the 3 buck a liter for the c111 i got for the sled, id take the 1.49 at chevron also......nothing that good up here, lucky if the super fuel is barely 89 octane :(

which chevron was that you found that fuel?

I prefer Chevron so I always try to find it on my GPS. I found that at several Chevron stations but it seemed to be only offered in the larger towns / cities in British Columbia. I remember Smithers having it + Prince George + others. I probably saw it in 6 or 7 different cities. But unfortunately for you I don't think I remember it in the Yukon. In fact, I was lucky to simply find 87 is some lonely places in the Yukon. A few of the small out-of-the-way places were even out of fuel completely or they only had 87 or at one place they lost power and couldn't pump what gas they had.

was just in smithers and prince george hahah but was only looking at the diesel this trip for the truck...... man old 94 better then the "new" stuff here anyways..... next time ill have to take a few drums and fill them up. gonna be in chilliwack again.

when did you come up this way? was it just for fun?

was just in smithers and prince george hahah but was only looking at the diesel this trip for the truck...... man old 94 better then the "new" stuff here anyways..... next time ill have to take a few drums and fill them up. gonna be in chilliwack again.

when did you come up this way? was it just for fun?

I spent 6 weeks this past summer, just for fun, in B.C., Yukon and AK on my Ural Patrol 2 WD. It was easily the best m/cycle trip of my life! Gorgeous country and fantastic experiences.

I have a R/R on soviet steeds dot com but u have to take a couple minutes to join in order to view it: http://www.sovietsteeds.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17309&hilit=alaska

You're lucky to live where u do, but I know life isn't easy there in the winter.

I have noticed my bike seems to run much better on pure gas. On motor it even runs better on some good high octane gas (110 ) . I have noticed my pplugs run leaner when i inspect them on the good stuff which makes since because the higher the octane the faster the burn rate. My bike is set up to be rich on motor since i got nos for added safty. So that should explain why on motor it is stronger on good gas. Cop running is probably a tad rich is why he feels difference. The problem for me is if i try to spray my bike on high octane it leans out and will pop and fall on face, it is set up on nos with 93 crappy gas for the nos. Max power is accomplished by being a hair from detonation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My 2 cents

Re: i " NO ETHONAL "

i I FINALLY WAS ABLE TO GO OUT FOR AN 82 MILE RIDE SATURDAY WITH A MIX OF , 70% 90 OCTANE NON-ETHANOL FUEL & 30%110 OCTANE LEADED "VP" RACE FUEL . ... THE BIKE RUNS " FUCKING GREAT " ! .. AND WHEN I GOT HOME AND LOOKED AT MY TAIL PIPES , THEY HAD GONE FROM SOOT-BROWN/BLACK , TO A VERY LIGHT FROSTY GREY ! .. I COULDN'T GET THE SMILE OFF MY FACE ! . :punk:

Re: i " NO ETHONAL "

i I FINALLY WAS ABLE TO GO OUT FOR AN 82 MILE RIDE SATURDAY WITH A MIX OF , 70% 90 OCTANE NON-ETHANOL FUEL & 30%110 OCTANE LEADED "VP" RACE FUEL . ... THE BIKE RUNS " FUCKING GREAT " ! .. AND WHEN I GOT HOME AND LOOKED AT MY TAIL PIPES , THEY HAD GONE FROM SOOT-BROWN/BLACK , TO A VERY LIGHT FROSTY GREY ! ..[/COLOR] I COULDN'T GET THE SMILE OFF MY FACE ! . :punk:

thats what she said:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Very cool CR, I wish that caught on in the Northeast. But, Ethanol is a Marina's best friend up here. Filters, rubber fuel lines, fuel tanks. All get destroyed by ethanol. A big boat with a fiberglass tank, (most old Bertrum 28's)? Ethanol turns it to mush. Remove and replace, job worth more than the boat. I saw a 40' post, out looking for work the other day, $2500. Glass hull, set up for live aboard. Minor cosmetics needed, The sign said "must be removed from property upon sale" Some poor bast*** couldn't afford the bill and said keep the boat. It happens a lot now at $126 per hr. labor.
Steve-o

WHEN I WAS OUT ON MY BUDDIES RACE BOAT THE OTHER DAY , DOWN HERE IN FLORIDA , WE WERE GOING THREW THE INNER COASTAL WATER WAYS AND I NOTICED THAT ALL OF THE MARINAS , AT THE FUEL DOCKS HAD SIGNS FLYING THAT SAID " NO ETHONAL " ! .. I WAS PSYCHED BECAUSE NOW I CAN BRING MY GAS CANS AND GET FUEL AT THE MARINAS FOR MY V-MAX ! .. :punk: . THEN ON THE WAY HOME , NOT 10 MILES FROM MY NEW HOUSE MY BUDDY SAYS , " THERES THE SUNOCO I WAS TELLING YOU ABOUT THAT SELLS THE CAM2 RACE FUEL " . . NEEDLESS TO SAY , I COULDN'T GET THE SMILE OFF MY FACE ! . :biglaugh:

Since our marina in on a 9 mile lake, we don't see too many boats that are much above 25' or so, so apart from a few ancient runabouts that had built in tanks, we've just been doing endless carb jobs. On everything from 2hp outboards to 350 Mag V8's. The sonic carb cleaner we bought is worth it's weight in gold. We've had several boats where the owner just abandoned it....didn't pay the invoice. It's become obvious that chasing people for it just doesn't work, and usually offer to "buy" their boat from them i.e we keep their boat and the bill is forgotten. Made a tidy profit on a few boats....someone ditched a 19' V6 bowrider in nice shape over a $600 bill for bellows, a new prop, and some electronic problems. Since the boat was now fixed, we ended up selling the boat for a tad over $5000.

We used to get e-free gas from our supplier that had a connection in Canada, but apparently that got choked off somehow and now we're stuck pumping the same shit that's at any other station.

There's one Sunoco off exit 12 on 87N that has race gas, probably because there's a track like 500yds down the road. It was like $9 a gallon or something.

There is "NO" question that the Ethanol Free fuel for carb engines is the way to go. I live on a lake & spent a large part of my off-time disassembling carbs from Jet Ski's, Pontoon Boat, Honda Generator, lawnmowers, UTV, KTM & of course, my favorite "VMax". Googled Ethanol Free gas stations & received listing and faithfully purchase from them. Better mileage & overall better performance. Also, try Sea Foam additive. Great stuff for fuel stability.

They sell no-E "Clear 92"all over where I live and the main advantage, as told to me by the people at the station that sell it, is that ethanol attracts moisture and clear doesn't. They have many pictures of fuel pumps and fuel components that are tore up by ethanol fuel. Last year I filled all my lawn equipment and bikes with clear and never added stabilizer. This past spring everything started fine with no clogs or problems. The year before I put stabilizer in my XS11 with regular 10% e fuel and the next spring I had jelly in every carb and had to clean them.

There is definately a difference in the fuel as far as performance goes. Better mileage and smoother performance. Never tried racing fuel and @ $11 a gallon I probably won't any time soon.

The year before I put stabilizer in my XS11 with regular 10% e fuel and the next spring I had jelly in every carb and had to clean them.

Before they did away with the stuff all together, I had the same issue back in the 90's with my XS.

Pure high octane gas seems performing better with cops. Last time I tried with coils, It wasnt that smooth.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

i . NOTE HOW " FROSTY GREY " MY PIPES ARE FROM RUNNING A MIX OF 80% NON-ETHANOL GAS & 20% 110 LEADED RACE FUEL ! .. AND MY BIKE RUNS GREAT ! . :punk: ... ALSO NOW WE ALL NO FOR SURE WHY ARE PIPES HAVE BEEN ALL BROWN THE LAST BUNCH OF YEARS , FROM THAT SHIT - ETHANOL - PUMP GAS ! :damn angry:

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 12
I would love to buy some ethanol-free gas... here we just can?t! Doesn?t matter if it?s a marina or a gas station, it's forbidden to sell gas with less than 20% of ethanol.
And yes, our carbs and FIs keeps having issues from time to time... Thanks, government!

I would love to buy some ethanol-free gas... here we just can?t! Doesn?t matter if it?s a marina or a gas station, it's forbidden to sell gas with less than 20% of ethanol.
And yes, our carbs and FIs keeps having issues from time to time... Thanks, government!

That Really Sucks. Do you have access to get K-100 or Sentry Fuel Treatment? I use it when I'm way out and have to buy Ethanol.. Mine would be 10% though not 20 like yours...

That Really Sucks. Do you have access to get K-100 or Sentry Fuel Treatment? I use it when I'm way out and have to buy Ethanol.. Mine would be 10% though not 20 like yours...

Guess I?ll try these... have to import but shall worth.

Thanks!

Back