Idiot stunter wannabes...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frank5079

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today turned out beautiful; had a high of 70 and the ride home from work was great except for the two stunter-wannabes who give us motorcyclists a bad name.

I ride pretty conservatively and at my age, any kind of showboating(wheelies, stoppies, etc) are activities I'd rather not participate in because I don't need that attention. Matter of fact, I've not had a speeding ticket since 1995.

Anyway, these two idiots pass me, one on my left, the other to my right(and mind you I'm doing about 63 in a 55 mph), weaving around cars and then popping wheelies.... :damn angry:

Normally I try not to let things like that bother me, but like I said earlier, idiots like them give the rest of responsible riders a bad name...end of rant!!

I honestly am going to start riding with a go-pro. So when stupid people do crap near me, and I get pulled over because they think I am part of it, I have proof. That and if some jackass hits me I have proof of that too. I am going full Russian insurance mode.

When I read that, I couldn't help but think of an incident in my town about 15 yrs. ago.
A notorious stunt biker (a spoiled brat, from all accounts, from a rich family), ran into the back of a vintage Honda 750, being driven by a 40ish father of two.
Killed the man instantly, by decapitation, after he slid into a guard rail.
The kid's father lawyered up big time, but was unable to keep him out of jail.
Before serving his time (for involuntary manslaughter), he reportedly told his few biker friends that "the old man was in the wrong place, at the wrong time"
Absolutely no remorse, for taking a life.
End of story - he served about 7 or 8 yrs, then went back to stunting as soon as being released. About two years later, he ran a stop sign in a subdivision, got t-boned by a half ton truck, and died on the spot.

My grandfather and grandmother were out on their wing to meet some other riders for dinner when the coked up son of the local Ford dealer came over the overpass at 100+mph and smoked them in the rear with His new Ninja. All three of them were laid up but due to age and probably being drugged the kid got out that night while my family was in intensive care for two weeks.

In an attempt to avoid lawsuit the dealer(who only had as much knowledge of motorcycles as the brand and model his 23yr old son had begged off Him) had a new ninja delivered to my grand forks place before they were out of the hospital.

My grandfather and grandmother were out on their wing to meet some other riders for dinner when the coked up son of the local Ford dealer came over the overpass at 100+mph and smoked them in the rear with His new Ninja. All three of them were laid up but due to age and probably being drugged the kid got out that night while my family was in intensive care for two weeks.

In an attempt to avoid lawsuit the dealer(who only had as much knowledge of motorcycles as the brand and model his 23yr old son had begged off Him) had a new ninja delivered to my grand forks place before they were out of the hospital.

You have to admit, it was really, really kind of that Ford dealer to buy your grand forks a brand new ninja. He probably wasn't legally obligated to do that considering his son was a 23 year old adult.

Two riders died yesterday here in the St. Louis area. A school bus pulled out in front of them. The riders had the right of way. It disgusted me how many people just immediately assumed it was reckless riders that were the cause. Even saw one comment of "good riddance!"

So I feel ya Frank about the "giving the other riders a bad name." I saw it pretty clearly yesterday with people's reactions to the accident.

Doesn't take too many to give the public a negative image of us. From movies about outlaw motorcycle gangs to the likes of today's stunters and YouTube video's glorifying riders imitating the ghostrider, it is no wonder we're put in a negative light. The "good" riders seem to go mostly unnoticed when their out riding sensibly.
I found this tidbit: http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle...-forced-to-change-biker-definition/22381.html

I actually had a fairly funny incident (to me at least) with a group of about 15-20 Stunt riders back in 2005 or so.
I was riding my Max down I-40 somewhere around the Greensboro/Winton-Salem area headed to the NC Mountains for the weekend.
I was just cruising along at around 70-75 when a few of them went by me like I was standing still.
They were actually playing Helmet Tag.
One rider would ride up next to one of his buddies and Slap the back of his helmet then hammer the throttle to get away and the chase was on.
They were zipping in and out of traffic, splitting lanes and some were even doing wheelies all at high speeds (I'd guess well above 120 mph).

Well, it wasn't long before 3 NC troopers came flying past me.
They didn't even think about stopping me, I'm sure because I was on my "cruiser" and not a sport bike.
A few miles down the road I saw that they had ALL of those riders pulled over on an exit ramp.
Other troopers had actually blocked the interstate so they were forced up that ramp.

So when I finally got there, the troopers had unblocked the Interstate and were in the process of writing them all up.
Both ends of the exit ramp were blocked by the Trooper's cars.
I just had to laugh and shake my head.
Those riders definitely deserved to get ticketed, they were absolutely a hazard to everyone else on that highway.

That's one reason I love my Vmax, it can pass as a cruiser in situations like that but still have great power when I need or want it.
It's definitely worked in my favor more than once over the years when the police were out looking for someone to pull over.
They tend to leave me alone because I'm a middle aged guy on a supposed cruiser.

It's definitely worked in my favor more than once over the years when the police were out looking for someone to pull over.
They tend to leave me alone because I'm a middle aged guy on a supposed cruiser.

Humm...didn't work for me three weeks ago while out on my cruiser. Middle aged guy.....cruiser......69mph........45mph zone........empty tank of gas.......$165.00. Nope. Didn't work for me.
Are you sure it's not your charming personality instead Dennis? Or maybe you just don't look like a typical hooligan biker? :biglaugh:

Humm...didn't work for me three weeks ago while out on my cruiser. Middle aged guy.....cruiser......69mph........45mph zone........empty tank of gas.......$165.00. Nope. Didn't work for me.
Are you sure it's not your charming personality instead Dennis? Or maybe you just don't look like a typical hooligan biker? :biglaugh:
It could be both.
I have been stopped a few times over the years and I was always exceeding the limit (usually by quite a bit), but I have never been ticketed on my max.
I even let one local cop take my Max for a ride after he caught me doing 90+ in a 45 zone on a back country road.
He was an R1 rider, so he understood that I was just running my bike through it's paces on a deserted country road.
He gave me a verbal warning and told me to do the speed limit on my way home. :punk:

Last edited:
^ :oops: :rofl_200:
That should read "He told me to do the speed limit on my way home".

Last edited:
You have to admit, it was really, really kind of that Ford dealer to buy your grand forks a brand new ninja. He probably wasn't legally obligated to do that considering his son was a 23 year old adult.

I, sure you're right but I'm equally sure their testimony would have been worth much less in the criminal trail. The asshole pled not guilty.

Kronx is right about it not always being the rider being an idiot causing an accident. A personal friend of mine had some asshat pull out in front of him (he ended up in a coma for a week) and another friend got rear ended at an intersection.

Still, with how the media LOVES sensational crap, they will focus on the dumbasses so much, ALL motorcyclist will look bad to some people, and to the same people, ALL motorcyclists will be to blame for the accidents they are involved with.

On a side note, there was this one Darwin award winner up in Skowhegan, Maine several years back who had very recently bought himself a 600cc supersport. (think it was either an R6 or CBR) who decided he wanted to ride a wheelie... and so he did. He did not notice that he had drifted across the line apparently, or see the oncoming car I'm guessing.

Question, does St. Peter have the right to automatically boot the REALLY stupid ones downwards? You know, to keep those who do get in safe from idiocy?

Back