Idle Mixture Screw Question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfish

Reaction score
All 4 have little springs that are rusty. Do I need to replace them or is it a no big deal? I just want to ride, no time to wait for springs, HEEEEELPP

All 4 have little springs that are rusty. Do I need to replace them or is it a no big deal? I just want to ride, no time to wait for springs, HEEEEELPP

Clean them up so they move freely and they should be ok. When you're all done with the shotgun, and she's all buttoned up, you will want to put a couple drops of lube (I just use motor oil) in each hole and plug them so the oil stays in and the water stays out.

Those springs are rusty cause the PO didn't do this, you were lucky nothing was seized up....that's just how it happens!

To plug up the holes you can use rubber plugs you should be able to find at a good hardware store, possibly radio shack may carry something too or if your like me and not able to find any locally go here:
http://www.mikesayers.com/vmax/screws.htm - Black rubber plugs to seal the hole after removing the carburetor idle mixture caps. Keeps out water, dirt and bugs and prevents your idle screws from seizing due to moisture exposure.

I heard that bike can seize up, I guess I was lucky. I will clean'em up really good and oil them as you said. Need to find something to plug the holes too. I just opened up vboost, is that a good idea? Never tried when open so I can say what's the difference.

To plug up the holes you can use rubber plugs you should be able to find at a good hardware store, possibly radio shack may carry something too or if your like me and not able to find any locally go here:
http://www.mikesayers.com/vmax/screws.htm - Black rubber plugs to seal the hole after removing the carburetor idle mixture caps. Keeps out water, dirt and bugs and prevents your idle screws from seizing due to moisture exposure.

Actually I just saw those 5 min ago, I will try Lowe's or Home Depot first.

Just a little info based on personal experience....don't use cork plugs, they soak up the oil and the next time you try to remove them they'll break right at the end of the hole, and be a bitch to remove! :bang head:

Back