Ignitech TCI group buy

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dingy

Reaction score
I am working on getting another group buy together for Ignitech replacement TCI's. If interested PM me.

$255 USD, includes priority shipping to USA address.

$7.00 for PayPal payments. I don't want to get personal marked payments as PayPal will get irritated with many of those coming in. I will also take checks or Money Orders.

I will discount cost for prepaid orders $15.

Also avaliable is a VBoost cable attachment wired into the TCI harness for $25 extra.

I may be getting a smaller MAP sensor with this group. I have a unit from my supplier that I haven't tried yet, but it is half the size of previous units and half the size.

USB-COM cable to connect TCI to laptop is $20 extra, very handy if you want to adjust settings and fine tune to your setup.

Replacement Ignition Control module for 1985-2007 VMax's

TCI will be configured for specific year of buyers bike through adapter cable & software setup.

Ignitech TCI features:

Timing advance can be programed based upon RPM's & vacuum.

TCI has a rev limiter that can be set in 100 RPM increments.

Dwell setting has four options: Short, Long Manual & Auto. This feature allows use of Coil over Plug (COP’s) without need for adding resistors in coil circuit.

2 input circuits, selections are: Off, Kill Switch, Blocking, Clutch Master, Clutch Master inverse input, Start Limiter & retard settings.

Setting to disable ignition when first starting from 0~40 revs, helps clear cylinders out.
Timing advance is fully controllable based on RPM and vacuum.

The Ignitech TCI module has two power outputs that can be set to trigger at programmable RPM & vacuum (MAP) settings. Last pictureis of the settings screen for this option attached. In the screen shot the 1st power out is set to special. There is a truth table with 12 boxes in it, RPM's at top which can be set in 100 rpm increments and MAP (TPS) sensor readings on left side. As I checked blocks in screen, this output would have 12 volts on it when RPM is below 4000 and MAP is below 75%, also when RPM is between 4000 & 12,500 and MAP is below 75%, also when RPM is above 14000 and MAP is below 75%, then one other point when RPM is between 4000 and 12,500 and MAP is above 90%. These are all just random numbers that serve really no purpose other than to illustrate what TCI can do. Fuel pump relay output can be selected as one of the two power outputs.

V-Boost can be programmed into this unit without need for stock controller.

Two year warranty by manufacturer.

Screen shots of software attached.

First picture is of kit contents.

Included in kit:

Ignitech TCI

Adapter cable that allows TCI to be Plug & Play replacement for existing TCI

One bar MAP sensor, replaces one on bike, the stock unit has been known to have failed.

High temperature Velco for mounting TCI & MAP Sensor. Alcohol pads for cleaning Velcro mount areas.

Dielectric grease for electrical connectors.

15 wire zip ties

Additional pins for Ignitech harness for use in adding optional features.

CD with software for customizing the Ignitech programming.

6 foot USB to TCI adapter cable, interfaces with windows based computer for customized programing. This is only needed if buyer wants to work with programming TCI when hooked up to a computer. $20 additional.

TCI will be programed for year & model of 1985-2007 VMax.

Installation procedure is to unhook the 6 pin & 8 pin from stock TCI, the supplied adapter cable connects to the 6 & 8 pin connectors on bike. The MAP sensor will be shipped hooked up to adapter cable. Supplied vacuum cable is connected to the existing vacuum port, which is connected to #2 carb on left side of motor generally. Stock vacuum sensor can remain in place on bike, but is not used. TCI & MAP sensor are mounted using velcro to available location on bike.

Fully sealed unit, all electronics are epoxy encapsulated.

Package will be shipped USPS priority mail, insured & will require a signature upon receipt.

Priority USA shipping included in price. PM me for other locations.

Gary

Attachments

• Ignitech kit s.jpg
    Ignitech kit s.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 97
  • General settings screen.jpg
    General settings screen.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 76
  • Rotor & pickup coils setting screen.jpg
    Rotor & pickup coils setting screen.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 65
  • Advance Tab screen.jpg
    Advance Tab screen.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 65
  • Advance 3D screen.jpg
    Advance 3D screen.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 64
  • Power out screen.jpg
    Power out screen.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 57
  • V-Boost scrren.jpg
    V-Boost scrren.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
I'm just now getting around to putting mine on from the last group buy, its definitely a learning curve but you can do so much with this thing its crazy! I bought it primarily to pull some timing when I'm on the spray but I think I'm gonna also tie into the clutch switch so I can use the start limiter, should make for some sweet burnouts on the street! lol install was pretty easy (use a Phillips bit in a 1/4" drive ratchet 1/4" socket too I believe to get the stock map sensor out, no way to fit a screwdriver in there) but my laptop (damned windows 8) didn't like the serial to USB cord so I had to open device manager and found the port and updated the driver and it worked fine after that. I'm still sorting mine out but Gary was extremely helpful in the setup process :)

sent from my HTC Rezound using tapatalk

I am going to get TCI's ordered about 1st of December.

PM me if interested.

Gary

I'm definitely interested. Total noob question I know, but whats the difference between this and the Dyna 3000? I'm primarily interested in the rev limiter side of things for either device, but I do like the concept of having more control over things as I get more familiar/educated in my tweaking abilities. I was just about to pick up the dyna 3000, and then started seeing posts about this instead. Figured I'd ask. Thanks.

EDIT: Should have searched before posting. found a few posts if anyones interested in reading. And yes, I'm down for one. Will send a PM

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=30959&highlight=ignitech+dyna+3000

This is a great product!!
I have Some questions about tuning:

Total advance at WOT (0% TPS) is 43° at 8400. Isn't it too high?
Stock one is about 34-35° and some members are saying that best track times are reached with stock curve on Dyna3K

I don't see on the control panel pictures where you can set curves for each gear?

So this thing come pre loaded so i have to do i switch the old TCI with this and the bike will run great with the added extra of a rev limiter and the vboost also works with this unit as well also i have the cop's mod will that effect the working of this unit

First, make it human readable:
1. So this thing comes pre loaded so i have to do i switch the old TCI with this which will make the bike will run great with the added extra of a rev limiter?
2. Is vboost also works with this unit?
3. I also have the cop's mod, will that effect the working of this unit

1: Yes, Gary puts the map in, so it`s plug and play and you will have the revlimiter as well
2 and 3: If you have cop`s without resistors and COP`s installed, the dwell time will automatically be shorter so the COP`s don't get fried. This might disable the Vboost. Dwell time should be higher then 2.1 ms for the Vboost controller to still work.

But, the awesome thing is that the Ignitech unit can control the Vboost servo for you. For that, you need to do a little work yourself.

The extra bonus you get is that you can also make a 3d map like mine for the Vboost servo (i also have a TPS installed).

ignitech.jpg

That means Vboost will be as always below 60% of throttle, but when I open her up further, the Vboost will also open earlier.

So it`s awesome :clapping:

TCI can be set to use COP's with resistors installed already. It requires dwell setting to be set to 'Long'. This is same setting as with stock coils.

If COP's are used without resistors, dwell setting should be 'Short' or 'Auto'.

Gary

TCI can be set to use COP's with resistors installed already. It requires dwell setting to be set to 'Long'. This is same setting as with stock coils.

If COP's are used without resistors, dwell setting should be 'Short' or 'Auto'.

Gary

Hi Gary,

I didn't mean to hijack your threat, just wanted to add some information. My experience is that short or auto without resistors interferes with my Vboost controller. Since I have an `85 model, newer models of the controller might not have this issue.

LOL, the newer dyna is better but still not the cadillac!

Honestly, I'm only really interested in the rev limiter for now (i've already gone into red a couple times by accident), and the dyna 3000 sounds very much plug-n-play. Didn't really look beyond that until a few days ago reading up on someone else discussing the Ignitech. Figure I'd rather go with what will give me more options down the road.

Honestly, I'm only really interested in the rev limiter for now (i've already gone into red a couple times by accident), and the dyna 3000 sounds very much plug-n-play. Didn't really look beyond that until a few days ago reading up on someone else discussing the Ignitech. Figure I'd rather go with what will give me more options down the road.

I'm considering one. At the start of the new year, I'm planning on ordering one.
I'm hearing that it will also control the Vboost. After reading what Scott and others have posted, I'm not going to change my dyna with the new dyna, but get myself one of these.

I'm totally sold on the ignitech. Just saw you can run a light to it and use it as a shift light :)

I still have mine in a box fom the last group buy, just getting around to putting it on. is there any thing new with this one?

TCI's have shipped from Ignitech, I will have them Monday or Tuesday (12/16/13 or 12/17-13).

Still have available TCI's. If interested, PM me.

Gary

Back