I'm New, I'm new, I don't know what to do!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShadyTunerGTS

Reaction score
Hello all, just installed some UFO streetpro slashcuts and WOW!! They are loud! I love them, Jon gave me a pretty good deal. Now, it's time to do the carbs. Off to the bike shop to install Morley's stage heaven!

Sounds like a good plan. Sure you don't want to do the work yourself. We've got leading experts right here to assist you... BTW: Welcome to the VMax Forum.....

That would be great if I could do it myself. I don't have a sync tool and just have a few tools in my garage (just the basics). Thanks.

That's Cool... Hang around, we'll help you make a Real Monster out of your VMax....
Oh, Holy Smoke, I just read your signature... Your well on your way already...:clapping:

Welcome shady. Im thinking of puting slashcuts on my vmax. But i live in a trailer park. I might buy and install the ufo slashcuts and trailer it to jon for stage 7. I have a good dyno tech in toledo also. let me know everything good and bad about the exhaust.

Here ya go, the mods put them all together for us, here's the link: http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=5830

That is an awesome link. Just looking over it, I could see what change I think we need to make on my friends '89 Virago 750. His carbs are very similar but are running to rich right now. I told him where the pilot screw was over the phone and he said it was missing. Looking at these images I can tell he didn't look down in the hole. I'll have him check again today. :git:

Nice, thank you all for the warm welcome. I've been a forum member on Newcelica.org for years. I sold the Celica and and my 96 Magna and really been wanting a Vmax so finally I found 1 of 3 here and snagged it. I love the V4's. Sterling, CO BeeKeeper. Mike, the UFO slash cuts are awesome. Jon and UFO really know what they're doing and it's top notch quality. It looks like they ceramic coated the header part and the tips are a nice, shiny stainless. I contacted them through their web page and he emailed back quick. He even offered a deal I couldn't refuse. I think 20% off original cost. That was back in April. He honored his discount until October and I finally saved enough to get them. Like I said, They are LOUD!! It will wake the trailer park up, haha! I need to stop starting my bike because I'm afraid it's running too lean after I installed the ignition set on curve 4 and Morley's intake filter since I had to send him the old air box lid. Thanks. I'm looking for frame braces. Any thoughts?

P.S. sorry for the BIG pic in my sig! Haven't had time to down size yet.

Yea SpecOps, I figured I was on a pretty decent path with the Max. I've been reading on the forums for awhile. I've been scowering the forum for 5 months. That's how I came across Sean Morley and his Jet kit. He seems like an awesome guy and I watched his "How To" video on changing the fork seals and springs which helped me out A LOT.

Sean is a Huge help to everyone technically.. We're very lucky to have him and his extensive knowledge here... Looks like you're here to stay too, Cool....

Haha!! You like that mattness? I feel it was appropriate since I'm in the oil field business.

Good to hear you were "treated right" by UFO, many people here have not been. He must not have known you belong to this forum. Did you notice the "forum your information" and "for your entertainment" links on his page?

Compared to Honda's V4's, and even some inlines, the carbs on the Vmax are actually pretty easy to remove and reinstall. It looks kind of scary to dig into but it's really not that bad. If you ever pulled the carbs on that Magna it'll be a walk in the park by comparison.

Yea, I've read some of the things said here about UFO. I thought about getting Mark's exhaust but I just love the slash cuts and I couldn't really figure out how going about ordering Mark's exhaust.

Well, I've been kicking myself in the arse for 2 years now. I got a little twisted and traded off my Gen1 for a 2012 Aprilia Tuono V4 APRC. It's a nice bike, don't get me wrong, but just not for me. So........I'm getting a Gen2. 2014!!

Latest posts

Back