Intake manifolds flange sketch

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Catia? Nice...

Ok. You enjoy the cheese and chocolate and we'll talk afterwards... Thanks

You need to co check the new "CREO"... It came to replace ProE... Thats sweet...

I may have a DXF file of just the mating portion to the head. Let me know if you are interested in that.

Jeff

Catia? Nice...

Ok. You enjoy the cheese and chocolate and we'll talk afterwards... Thanks

You need to co check the new "CREO"... It came to replace ProE... Thats sweet...

Alibre suits all my needs.

Here you have a 3d pdf of my experimental model of TB for v-max.
Idea is to create one casting model which can be used for both left and right sides. Still need to work on this a little.

Attachments

• throttle body experimental.pdf
    99.7 KB · Views: 19
If you need help casting i might be able to find a solution. What are the side ports for? I see 2 symmetric perpendicular ports, one tilted towards the flow and still a parallel boxed hole.

You should have the ablilty to rotate the model in this pdf, is it working?

Two symetrical holes are for butterfly valve shaft and the upper hole is for injector.
The lower hole is a mounting one.

Does stp. extension suits you?

Yes i did turn it into 3D and looked around. That part will take a bit to machine, especially the tapered part from circular to ellipsoid by the intake.

Yes i can do STEP...

Thanks

Yup, bealive me I have the ability of "designing for machining". I was working on 5 axis maxhines and now im going to work on 6 axis grinders in Swiss :coolgleamA:
Dont want to make myself a "god" or "star" but I have also mastered more then 20 CAM programs :biglaugh:

Obvioulsy this aint easy nor cheap to machine so I was considering casting.

But this is very hard to do in PL so, if you have any casting service there?
Maybe a little zoom on price for casting one TB?

Well. That kind of machinery is way above my grasp, i can use 2,5 axis only and for most of the work is good enough.
Are you able to access laser CMM? i have some goodies that could be scanned...
I can check the casting but only on the weekend. I'll see what i can do... it depends on the amount. For small amount it can be done on sand molds but if its for bigger quantity a shell should be made for better quality. I'll let you know by email following this weekend. thanks

Latest posts

Back