Interest to Request a Firearm Section????

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpecOps13

Reaction score
I do a lot of testing for manufacturers of AR-15's, the writing I do is at ARFCOM, ar15.com. I have experience with, building, shooting, reloading for and repair of hundreds of firearms. I'd be happy to contribute what I can in the way of knowledge. I seem to be splitting my time here and there since I found out how great this site is and it's people are.

Now, my question: Is there any interest in creating a Firearm Section here and if so, would it be a major ordeal to set up?

Or, have I missed totally and it already exists. I rarely get beyond "New Posts".

good idea man.

you might know where i can find tracers for a 7.62x54R

been a long time i cant find any...........

I think there are enough specialized fora on the subject, no?

But anyway, I have very little interest in it (being French / half English after 20 years there never saw a gun 'til I came over here) but I gotta say it always really amazes me how much knowledge and experience you guys all have with the stuff.

When I do my road trip around the US with my daughter next year, I defo wanna go shooting! I'm counting on y'all to show me your ranges! :)

tugla: I don't deal a whole lot with Russian Surplus although I did build a 7.62 x 39 AR. It's my Hog Gun till I can get a 45 - 50 Cal built up. Good Luck finding the tracers. I don't know how that goes way up North where you are.

slowpoke: obamagedon :rofl_200: Thanx, as bad as the day's gone I needed a smile.

naughtyG: Take care of yourself and your daughter in your travels.

I know there are many firearms specialized forums but I've always found it more comfortable to ask / answer questions of people that have other similar interests. VMax's in this case. Doesn't have to be a big thing here, just another distraction to keep us going.

Spec....I am a bit of a gun nut myself and would love to chat with other members of the forum about this........but.........

I think one of the beautiful things about this forum is it's single purposeness....our beloved VMax.

I a thread about the subject now and then is fine, and should be posted in the burn out pit, however a specific category seems to color way outside the lines.
I would hate for this forum to be clouded by those coming here to just talk guns, having never had or even caring about a VMax.

BTW: I am looking at picking up a new hog gun in the next couple of weeks. Ruger Super Blackhawk Bisley Hunter .44mag.

Here piggy piggy piggy.......BANG!

98Redlne: You may be totally right about clouded issues. I don't mind if we just make threads in the Burn Out Pit. Some of the other specific motorcycle related sites have set up a section for general firearms. I haven't noticed that any outside traffic has come there for the firearms only. It's a great place to share info that deals with carrying while riding and a lot of other interesting firearm related subjects, just a thought that I threw out. Opinions are 50 / 50 right now and we haven't heard anything from the site staff. It may be something they don't want to get into. That's fine too.

It's easy to set up a section in the forum, but how about starting with a gun thread first to gauge interest.

Another vote against a special firearms section. May already be too much clutter outside the Vmax area. This is my Vmax fix. Not really interested in other topics here. There are other sites for other topics. Just my :twocents:.

I respect everyones opinion here. It's been suggested that we start a Gun Thread so we can test the water. Sounds like a reasonable thing to do.

There are a million ways to start this but I think it needs to be something we should all relate to in todays world. Personal Defense Carry Weapons.

I'll go start a thread in the Burn Out Pit about that and we'll see how it goes.

Oh yes! I have had guns all my life and had many,..Fnc1,sks, sks-d, m-14, 30-30 marlin, 45 cal lamma, luger9m, walther-p38, 357rugersix shooter,ruger 10-22, and a bunch of 303 enfields, the jungle carbine being my favorite. I do my own reloading as well.
+1 for interest:biglaugh:

Thread Started in the Burn Out Pit. I apologize to any of you who can't join into this discussion because of local, state, national, international or whatever laws that do not allow you to carry a concealed firearm legally. If the firearms topic does well, I'll do more in a directions you can suggest. Or, for that matter start. This is a test to judge interest.

Thread title in Burn Out Pit: Concealed Carry Weapon, Firearm.

I love the projectile launchers as much as the next guy. Would love to work for Magpul! That being said, isn't there a "Gun" site that already exists where what you are proposing could be done. Is it fair to Buster who pays for the megabytes of information posted and maintained here? There is a geek technical term for it that I can't recall but everyone who donates to this site. Yes, all of us who enjoy this website should be donating if possible, to keep it viable. In fact I'm probably overdue to PayPal a little more soon! I don't mind the occassional firearms post, but I would like see it stay true to it's purpose, the bast dang muscle cruiser known to man!

Back