Is there a reason for the bar

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i would agree. if i had to do it all over again i woulda stuck probably with the rubber mounts and left the frame braces on for the amt of work it was.

To me I just don't like the look of them, they kinda block the engine or not block it but take your attention away from it. I knew what they were but never really knew why people put them on. Seeing so many doing it and thinking it doesn't make the bike look better IMO I thought there has to be a major improvement somehow with them..

I have Jedi's delrin MM but I had my engine out and it was easy to install when putting the engine back in. I'm happy with not changing the look as none of the braces follow the Vmax lines as well as I would like.
That being said, if I was to do go for the stiffening effect I probably would have went with RMS Sportmax braces that you weld in the rear tab for a mount rather than remove the engine. It would seem to brace inline with a structural frame member coming fro the rear would be stiffer. I have no idea how much better or if it even is better but I like the thinking behind it anyways!:biglaugh:

walker and exactrep's are bolt ons. sportmax i believe are welded and not sure on the rest.

Now if only someone would make a bad-ass looking frame brace that's affordable!

JUST my opinion, and it's not worth a lot - but I would much prefer a flater style. Not a round tube. Just MHO!!

I got a set of the exactreps, but they came from the previous owner. I don't mind the looks. kinda acts like a chrome accent considering all the things blacked out on the '06/07 maxes.

been thinking about the braces but agree on the looks both pro and con, have the solid motor mounts and noticed some improvement, but the greatest improvement came with the switch over to radials, that one was definietly night and day..... as far as chrome bits on an '06 I have used Dupli-color adhesion promoter and Rustoleum satin black... for a spraybomb it looks pretty good and blends sweet with the matte finish on the engine and frame and the gloss finish on the tank, fenders, and wheels

Back