isit carb'd or FI ??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMF_12

Reaction score
hey all, quick question about the vmax engines.

do they use carbs or are they fuel injection?

Thanks

Carbs until '07. New generation in '09 - present are EFI. But, you can get EFI for the early generation but it is pricey.

wow thanks for the link, but i think the person who created it left out the decimal points in the prices or whoever does it must be off their head LOL

woulda been nice, but thats be well out of my budget!!! Bugger!!

More to the point, EFI seems to be an absolute bitch to tune properly on the Max, and gives only small gains.
So not only you spend a small fortune purchasing and installing it, you then need bucketloads of $$ to keep going to the dyno in order to get it working right...

More to the point, EFI seems to be an absolute bitch to tune properly on the Max, and gives only small gains.
So not only you spend a small fortune purchasing and installing it, you then need bucketloads of $$ to keep going to the dyno in order to get it working right...

Hmmm, not really. From my experience with it I'd say you will gain at least 10 HP. You don't have to always go to a dyno to tune it as it comes with software that shows a dyno type chart in real time. The real issue is that the base model is a open system so weather changes etc aren't automatically adjusted as they are with a closed loop system that comes with an OEM EFI setup.

That's for his 1500 which I believe means he has the larger EFI setup. That does not work well with a stock CC engine.

Everyone I know personally (three people) that have gone with the wildbros EFI have been very happy with the results and ease of tuning.

They spent the money for the closed loop tuning option....

If you don't do closed loop you can plan on plenty of dyno time perfecting the supplied "fit's all" tuning map.........same as you would with any BIG mod....

Yeah it's sky high and I wouldn't spend that much money on mine, would rather burn it on radical engine mods before doing EFI.

$6500 for 10 HP or $6500 for a badass engine and 50 more HP?

My vote would be on the engine. EFI can only make your engine as good as it's capable of being (at best) and less hassle than carbs, it's not going to make your engine any more powerful than it would be with perfectly tuned carbs of the same comparable size in CFM's or whatever...

Latest posts

Back