Jet kit question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe it is fairly new KJ. I used an old rotor bolt to make one. I drilled a 1/16 hole in it, cut most of the threaded shank off, and took the diameter down a smigeon. Fast project. The idea, I''m thinking, is to keep the liquid oil from shooting up the straight hose, and let the new line from tee to oil cap fitting do the work of releiving case pressure and venting vapors.
Steve-o

ahh, okay. I was thinking I was in a hurry when I put my kit on the bike that I may have overlooked something and if I over looked that, what else did I miss? :)
What you've done is what I did, c'ept I used a brass plug from the hardware store.

I have nothing in mine, no issues with oil in the airbox. I have the S7 barbed oil fill cap with a -10 an(.563" id) SS hose up to the "T" then into the air box via the stock fitting.
Mark's 4into2, Morley kitted carbs with his modified lid and aforementioned hose setup. Will having this restrictor improve my set-up?

The restrictor won't give any gains. it's just another measure of oil control.

Sean
So the bike had been running great till today. It was the first warm day of the year and the bike spuddard and choked. And even after the engin was warm the idel was very low. It performed great in the cold. What do you think would be the issue would be or what should I do to adjust the carbs?

Might not be cold related? I'd add some seafoam or BG44k to the fuel tank and see if that helps it out. It is possible that you are a bit on the rich side (which likes cold).

I'll defiantly be putting some sea foam in it. If it is running rich what do you recommend I do to adjust that? I'm guessing moving that shim on the fuel needle?

yes. adjust any rich range as needed but it should not have been a huge change

Back