Jet kit question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweetwilliebrownjr

Reaction score
I haven't started on it yet, so it may be obvious when I get into it, but what's this?
null.jpg

I've only got one of these, I've got 4 brass pieces that I believe are the air correctors. The outside of this is the same size as the Pcv hose provided. The air correctors are way smaller.

looks too big for corrector. a guide of some sort...or what about the oil line up to airbox...

dont look right to be an air corrector. pm one2dmax, he most definately would know lol.

Regards from my Taptalking Hercules Android

It doesn't seem like it fits anywhere on the oil line, but I haven't pulled anything loose yet. Maybe inside the airbox?

It goes in the oil breather hose at the t to help from oil blowing out.
BINGO! But I believe it goes down at the engine block, not at the tee.....at least that's what Sean told me when I asked "where the heck do I put this thing?"

Correct. It goes on top of the barred fitting coming up from the center of the PCV system. It has just enough diameter to keep from falling in the engine but small enough to let the hose fit over it.

Sean

Correct. It goes on top of the barred fitting coming up from the center of the PCV system. It has just enough diameter to keep from falling in the engine but small enough to let the hose fit over it.

Sean

Is this something new? There wasn't one when I bought my kit.

If it's running good as is, no major oil issues in airbox, then you probably don't need it. It also restricts. Available by request. I used a 3/8 inch restriction. Old guy very happy!

Is this something new? There wasn't one when I bought my kit.

I believe it is fairly new KJ. I used an old rotor bolt to make one. I drilled a 1/16 hole in it, cut most of the threaded shank off, and took the diameter down a smigeon. Fast project. The idea, I''m thinking, is to keep the liquid oil from shooting up the straight hose, and let the new line from tee to oil cap fitting do the work of releiving case pressure and venting vapors.
Steve-o

Back