Just felt the quake at work

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing to worry about..I can't believe it was 5.8 where I was ...maybe in the low 4s..5.8 was probably only around the epicenter..i'm about 100 miles away..more of a conversation event than anything else.

I'm in NYC, but missed it. I was on my VMax when it hit. Thought everyone was coming outside to look at my bike!

I felt something at work. My "office" is a mezzanine in a pole building. The mezzanine isn't the most structurally sound place in our building, to say the least. Another guy shares the space with me and he came running over to my office asking me what the hell it was. I said I wondered if there was and earthquake somewhere. He looked on the internet and sure enough he saw the headlines.

Weird. Never would have expected to feel it up here in Pittsburgh.

I felt something at work. My "office" is a mezzanine in a pole building. The mezzanine isn't the most structurally sound place in our building, to say the least. Another guy shares the space with me and he came running over to my office asking me what the hell it was. I said I wondered if there was and earthquake somewhere. He looked on the internet and sure enough he saw the headlines.

Weird. Never would have expected to feel it up here in Pittsburgh.

Felt it here. Barely. Nothing to write home about. Lasted about a minute.

My bucket list includes getting knocked off my feet by a pretty big earthquake in California or somewhere. Don't want my neighborhood destroyed!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Lots of state & federal buildings were evacuated, the two counties to the south of me closed all their buildings....my wife called to see if everything was alright at home....I never felt a friggin' thing!! Nothing, just sittin' there in my bike shop rebuilding the XJ carbs....dogs outside sleeping on the lawn.....absolutely no indication whatsoever of a quake!

I'm pissed! :bang head:

Lots of state & federal buildings were evacuated, the two counties to the south of me closed all their buildings....my wife called to see if everything was alright at home....I never felt a friggin' thing!! Nothing, just sittin' there in my bike shop rebuilding the XJ carbs....dogs outside sleeping on the lawn.....absolutely no indication whatsoever of a quake!

I'm pissed! :bang head:

"Sir, step-away from the solvent tank!"

8116997-young-beautiful-woman-in-police-uniform-warning.jpg

BREAKING NEWS:

President Obama has just confirmed that the DC earthquake occurred on a rare and obscure fault-line, apparently known as "Bush's Fault". Obama also announced that the Secret Service and Maxine Waters continues an investigation of the quake's ties to the Tea Party. Conservatives however, have proven that it was caused by the founding fathers rolling over in their graves. Residents of D.C. don't be alarmed with the earthquakes.That is just the Country shifting to the RIGHT

Nothing to worry about..I can't believe it was 5.8 where I was ...maybe in the low 4s..5.8 was probably only around the epicenter..i'm about 100 miles away..more of a conversation event than anything else.

As time goes on the so called 5.8 will diminish down to something minor. I was driving when it a happened so I didnt feel it. I was asked if I did when I went to the hardware store minutes later. My sister's work felt it since all the warehouse workers went running when all the light fixtures started swaying. My aunt up in Oceanview, NY just pulled out of a dealership from servicing her car and stopped at a light. The car started shaking and she was like WTF did they do to my car!!! I can picture a hard core New Yorker sayin that too!!!

Anyhow, all here in Mount Airy, MD is fine. I hear the Washington Monument was shut down and the Catholic Cathedral too due to structural damage. All federal govt buildings were evacuated too for the day for inspection.

Now we hare having earthquakes more frequently on the eastcoast. Thats two alone this year now!

Here's a useful link about all earthquakes, but pointing to ours:

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eqinthenews/2011/se082311a/

I was in a mall parking lot in my work van and it felt like someone was rocking my van. I thought it was someone I knew messing with me so I got out and walked around to see, nobody around, so I got back in and it shook again for another about 10 seconds. But that nothing compared to a 5.0 I felt when I was living in California. That one was epicentered under the Rose bowl in Pasadena. I was woke from a dead drunk sleeping on my buddy's floor in Hollywood and he was running around like chicken little yelling "earthquake earthquake" and you could hear car alarms by the dozens. That was a real rocker.

Latest posts

Back