Just signed up today to the VMOA.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got my membership renewal papers,dont know what to do,I didnt get everything I was supposed the fisrt time.no patch,no sticker.and alot of confusion when I wanted anything from the vmoa store:ummm::confused2:

I just got my membership renewal papers,dont know what to do,I didnt get everything I was supposed the fisrt time.no patch,no sticker.and alot of confusion when I wanted anything from the vmoa store:ummm::confused2:

The VMOA Store is a little confusing....it's a seperate deal from the VMOA, you have to create a user account with the store, then it works pretty good.

I joined about a month ago. Got my welcome email within a few weeks, no goodies tho I didn't know you were supposed to get any? Got last 3 issues of Vboost from Robert (82ndCowboy), and bought a T-shirt from the store no problems.

Welcome to the club Ghost! As I've said previously, please be patient. This club is ran by people like yourselves. Everyone is a volunteer and have personal lives outside the club. If you're not receiving what you expect then please contact your local chapter leader or regional director to help resolve the issue's.

Cheers to all.

Not surprised there. Had all the same problems in my 2-year stint before the VMOA and I parted ways. Get used to hearing lines like "be patient, we're just volunteers" or "you get what you put into it". It is unfortunate that an international club like the VMOA with several thousand paying members has to make excuses like this on such a frequent basis.

Frankly, Buster does a superior job (IMO) supporting the VMax community with this forum.

Vmaxforum.net benefits:

-This website never goes down.
-Get help/info/products from VMOA members/non-members alike
-Vendor discounts
-Better looking T-shirts made locally and in many hard-to-get sizes.
-Instant feedback on rides. Any major rides usually have photos and stories published here months before the VBoost arrives.
-No compulsary membership fee. I strongly encourage folks to donate to Busters forum if you like what he's providing. If not, you can opt out and it won't have cost you a dime.

Blaine

I'm in my 2nd year of membership and couldn't be happier. I've only been to one event so far but it was worth every penny I paid for the VMOA membership. I have had several dealings with the VMOA store and Rhonda has provided great service each time.
I know Blaine has had issues with the VMOA not performing up to his expectations, it happens. I am proud to be a VMOA member and encourage any Vmax owner to join the brotherhood of the VMOA.
I also agree that Buster has one hellva site here and he should get our support as well. This is the best venue on the web supporting the Vmax, bar none IMHO!
The Vmax is a niche motorcycle and we need to support all the great organizations and vendors that join us in keeping the Vmax the legend that it is!
:thumbs up: :thumbs up:

Welcome aboard Ghost!!! I look forward to meeting you and seeing you at our Ontario rides if not at some of the others in the US. Unfortunately sometimes there are glitches in the system, but we try to correct them when they happen. And there will always be people like Blaine who not matter what will be unhappy with their experience. Like I have told him and others, your VMOA experience can be what you make it. Get involved and have fun and the experience will be enjoyable. Sit back and whine and complain and your experience will be a bad one. Truly it is up to you.

On the note for the store:

1) It is a part of the VMOA run by the President's wife.
2) Yes, you have to sign in when you go to the store page to order things. It is like that for a reason, to protect you from fraudulent purchases. People tend to tell websites to save their profile and password and log them in each time they go to the site. This could lead to people ordering things under your login under certain circumstances. It was decided a long time ago that to protect our members from fraud we would have that section of the website require a seperate login that is NOT saved automatically. Yes, I can see where it could cause confusion, but trust me I would rather have to login each time than have someone decide to play around and order hundreds of dollars in stuff in my name.

but trust me I would rather have to login each time than have someone decide to play around and order hundreds of dollars in stuff in my name.

C'mon Jim, You didn't enjoy at least one of the 50 pizzas I had delivered to your house? :rofl_200:

"And there will always be people like Blaine who not matter what will be unhappy with their experience. "

Yep, that's one way to address VMOA issues, blame the complainers. Not a bad strategy as it worked for domestic car maunfacturers for several years. Unfortunately, if quality is not up the same standards as other providers, customers will be lost.

My cousin, who worked for GM, always asked me why I buy Japanese cars. When he was replacing the intake manifold gasket in his 3.4 for the second time, I asked him "You still wonder why I buy Japanese cars?" His reply was, "Yeah, you should be supporting us".

First of all, members here are correct in that I am outspoken. The fact that I am happy with and have praised www.vmaxforum.net is evident that I do not complain, as Jim points, about everything (I guess reality can get skewed when you're a TV Star)!

If you want, check out the thread "VMOA, why" and you will get feedback, both positive and negative, from others on this forum. At the end of the day, it is your money and your experiences that will determine if you remain a VMOA member.

Blaine

Your analogy is wrong Blaine. The VMOA is not a business and doesn't exist to make profit. Members are not "customers".

Dale #2592

Save your breath, he won't listen. No matter what anyone says or does the response is the same. I get sick and tired of trying to explain stuff and just get smart remarks and comments in return. Blaine, go bug the folks on a Bandit forum, will be a whole new group of folks to make dislike you. To be honest I could care even less now what you have to say than before, if that was even possible. Keep your comments about me to yourself please.

Your analogy is wrong Blaine. The VMOA is not a business and doesn't exist to make profit. Members are not "customers".

Dale #2592

The analogy is accurate, Dale. When you hand over money you are either purchasing a product/service (e.g. a membership "fee") or giving to a charity. "Not-for-profit" organizations are still businesses. Do you see the VMOA as a charity?

An organization (like the VMOA) that requires a fee to provide a product/service (Membership privileges) to its members is a business, profit or non-profit. If the VMOA's product/service is not as good or reliable as another organization (like www.vmaxforum.net) then VMOA members may no longer pay membership fees. Loyalists to the VMOA, like my GM-loving cousin, will stick around regardless of the issues and the presence of better products/services. Some of us have just decided that there are better places to spend our money.

Blaine

Last edited:
...Keep your comments about me to yourself please.

Jim, you invited that comment with your "not matter what will be unhappy with their experience" generalization. That was offensive. And here you are continuing like I just insulted your family.

I have been sticking to the topic and not getting personal on any of these threads unless provoked. I have exchanged dialogue on the VMOA with folks like Mark Milne and KJ; they read my points and offered good counter-points which I have listened to and respected. This topic seems to have become an emotional issue with you for some reason Jim but it is just debate, that's all.

Blaine

Jim, you invited that comment with your "not matter what will be unhappy with their experience" generalization. That was offensive. And here you are continuing like I just insulted your family.

I have been sticking to the topic and not getting personal on any of these threads unless provoked. I have exchanged dialogue on the VMOA with folks like Mark Milne and KJ; they read my points and offered good counter-points which I have listened to and respected. This topic seems to have become an emotional issue with you for some reason Jim but it is just debate, that's all.

Blaine

Lemme see TV star comments don't apparently count then eh Blaine? You are correct that you may listen to others about the VMOA, but for some reason you think that I should just stand by and let you bad mouth the VMOA and let you insult me personally. This was once a debate and you and I had some interesting conversations about this in person, but once you get behind the keyboard you decide that you can attack a person with no consequences. I for one have had enough of you. The ONLY reason I even respond is that someone who is new to the forum and considering the VMOA could read your drivel and that could make them decide not to join. You didnt have a good experience because you are honestly of the belief that you are owed something special for $30. You have NO idea what it is to be in a club and get a positive out of it. All I ever hear from you is complaints and nothing constructive. I am sorry that you had a bad VMOA experience, but I think you need to look in the mirror to see where the real problem is concerning your experiences. Of course you can also continue to complain here. Heck I am the moderator for this particular area of the forum and I haven't moderated a post. I will respectfully ask you to keep your opinions to yourself concerning the VMOA, we all know your position so lets leave it at that.

Blaine, you just don't get it do you. This post started out as a positive with a first time member signing up and I'm sure somewhat proud of doing so. Then you come along and turn it negative and rain on his parade (I beleive an apology to Ghost is in order). It's like you trading in your Max on an 09' Bandit (congrats by the way) and proudly announcing your new purchase then having someone dump on you telling you what a piece of $hit it is. There are times to voice your opinion and times to keep your mouth shut. Please for the benefit of everyone figure it out!

The VMOA is a group of Vmax enthusiasts. Where your membership dollars go has been explained to you numerous times. They sell no product. All they offer is a way for maxers to get together and preserve/enhance the motorcycle we love.
I know that you have taken advantage of that. You've decided it wasn't worth the price of admission. So be it! I guess you must have thought that the VMOA marching band should have shown up to your door and taken you for a tour around the country and then tune your bike to 125 HP while it gets 50 mpg.

If your experience was so bad why are you still here?? I heard you don't even ride a Vmax anymore. The only conclusion I can come too is that you are on a personnal mission to discredit this organization to one and all for whatever reason. I'm amazed at what effort you're going to over a $30 membership fee. Maybe I missed something but I only saw other VMOA members treat you with respect, assistance, and friendship at the rides we both attended. Who paid for the BBQ I saw you line up at several events?
Blaine, I think you burned the bridge! :confused2: Time to move on.

Dale #2592

Hey guys, sorry you're feeling like this is a personal thing. Jim, Trev, Dale, etc, if I have insulted any of you personally for being a member of the VMOA, please show me where. I don't judge folks for the club they join.

Dale, when I attend my next ride to the Falls I'll gladly abstain from your food or offer to pay, whichever you prefer. I am not a fan of big-band music so no VMOA marching band, please. Thanks to Brad and members on this forum I was able to get over 200 kms to a tank consistently. Not sure about the HP/torque but running great and lots of power for my needs. If you find yourself broke down near the 'Schwa, I'll still help you out because that's what riders do for each other...I don't write folks off because of club affiliations.

Trevor, thanks for the congrats. The Bandit is sweet to me but I'm sure it is still a POS to some. I PM'd Ghost right after writing my original comment...his reply was roughly, "no offense taken, we all have different opinions". I will wind down my VMOA comments because you are correct...this was not the right time. Your reply was to the point, accurate and reasonable as well.

Jim, sorry for the TV Star comment and I wish you luck.

Blaine

I joined on September 12/09. Why? Because I'm a proud Vmax owner! If I get 'nothing' in return, I don't care. I'm a member and that's good enough for me! :)

Congrats Ghost!!

Blaine....the VMOA is people. No building, nothing made, etc etc. Constructive criticism is OK and in most circumstances beneficial. But....when you make the same criticism over and over it becomes insulting to those that are members. You felt membership wasn't worth it and quit.

Go back through your posts in this the "Ontario VMOA Chapter" section. Almost every time membership is brought up you slam the VMOA with the same comments. Why continue. That's insulting to all existing members.

Dale #2592

P.S. The bandit is a fine M/C. Excellent value. Ride safe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back