Key mod

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefly

Reaction score
Prevents the key ring holder from scratching the scoops also makes loosing your key much easier:rofl_200:

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 145
I used those the whole time I owned my '86 in florida. Only downer is, the little catch bit with the springed ballbearing has a tendency to disintegrate after a couple of months of pocket treatment..

If anyone can source a more solid type than the usual cheap chinese shit, I'd be very interested!

Why not just get a soft keyring?

I have two, one woolen spider one and a rubber testicle one.... (both gifts from the other half btw)

I used those the whole time I owned my '86 in florida. Only downer is, the little catch bit with the springed ballbearing has a tendency to disintegrate after a couple of months of pocket treatment..

If anyone can source a more solid type than the usual cheap chinese shit, I'd be very interested!

I bought mine from ace hardware & it held up for 3 years without falling appart, they are made in china.

i don't put my main bike key on a chain. i just always put it in the small pocket on the right pocket of my jeans, whatever that pockets for. i also usually have my main set of keys on me and that has a spare bike key. just incase.

i don't put my main bike key on a chain. i just always put it in the small pocket on the right pocket of my jeans, whatever that pockets for. i also usually have my main set of keys on me and that has a spare bike key. just incase.

That's a great idea to have two key with you at all times.

the key i have on my main keys is just a generic blank so you'd really have to know to find it.

my harley on the other hand i only have 1 key. ihave 2 blanks ready to go just gotta make it to a place i trust. gotta have some keys cut for my sliding door too at the house.

I got a rubber key ring for a Taiwanese scooter.
That way if I drop it in the carpark (like I did with a key that had "Benelli" written on it :bang head:) whoever finds the key will try it on scooters. :biglaugh:

Not a bad idea....the key I use daily is a copy, have the original on my main key ring. I have a "remove before flight" flag on it, so there's no identifying marks whatsoever as to what bike it might fit.

I could start leaving another copy in the gas cap....my buddy has seen me put gas in the bike probably hundreds of times and still doesn't know how to open the fuel door. I'd thought having a spare key hidden somewhere in the bike would be a good idea in case I lost the main one while we were out somewhere.

This is my keyring... Made of fabric, no scratches to the scoop... :D
d0662c88-b3a4-07d9.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I always carry a extra key with me too, not on my main key chain though.

Same here. I keep a spare under the seat. I've been locked out of enough of my vehicles over the years feeling like an idiot that I try not to repeat that.

I keep my single key on a chain with a little led flash light (for fumbling around in the dark on night rides). It has some velcro on it and I stick it up by the steering neck....no scratches on the scoops.....

i have this one. absolutely, positively no scratches. i keep they key in the gas overfill as well.
CLS-RO11A12250Y.jpg

I have one of those too...
I also keep a spare in the gas cap, other than a vmax owner who would have any idea how to open the latch and look there??

That's where I keep mine too, great minds

I couldn't figure out what you meant by keeping it in the gas cap, until KJ quoted you, the 'ol 10 watt bulb above my head flickered a bit then it hit me.
I am currently using a black nylon loop thingy, something like you would get on a small LED flashlight. Here is a pic of it looped onto my main keychain. I guess I could also loop it around a belt loop and shove it into my pocket at stops too.
IMG_1613.jpg
I detach it from my main keys while riding, the nylon end will not scratch paint/ scoops.

Back