led signals dont work with headlight installed

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ncdoc0623414

Reaction score
custom dynamics flasher installed
indicator pulled
led signals installed (yellow wire and black wire)
running light\signal 2-wire kit installed in the front (chrome glow)

everything works great untill i plug the headlamp back in.
what the devil is going on?

custom dynamics flasher installed
indicator pulled
led signals installed (yellow wire and black wire)
running light\signal 2-wire kit installed in the front (chrome glow)

everything works great untill i plug the headlamp back in.
what the devil is going on?

The headlamp and the front signals share a common ground wire. Disconnect the original groundwires from the new signals, join the two grounds from the new signals, attach a jumper wire from this to a good ground on the frame. See if they work with this arrangement.

ok i just tried a frame ground with no change but i did unplug the running light from the front and all worked great (other than the running light of course)
whats the law on signals or running lights on the front of the bike can i get away without one of these without getting into trouble?

whats the law on signals or running lights on the front of the bike can i get away without one of these without getting into trouble?

I just looked through the North Carolina laws, They didn't mention anything about running lights on a motorcycle. Just that you have to have an iluminated headlight and tail light.

Follow the links here, for those interested there are other states listed too.
http://www.wykedilluzionz.com/laws/

ok i just tried a frame ground with no change but i did unplug the running light from the front and all worked great (other than the running light of course)
whats the law on signals or running lights on the front of the bike can i get away without one of these without getting into trouble?[/QUOTE]

So the ground is not the problem....
Is the tailight working, with the new flasher and lights installed? The power wire that feeds the front running light elements also feed the tailight element.................

Latest posts

Back