Left caliper and fork tube misaligned

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RagingMain

Reaction score
Hello All
My speedometer stopped working, so after checking with a drill that the cable still turned the speedo I had to pull the front tire and check the gear unit assembly. It had jumped off the meter clutch. Got it all back together and now it works :eusa_dance:

Anyways I digress, as I was reassembling I noticed that the left caliper and fork tube are just slightly misaligned. When I put the right caliper back on it slid into place and bolted up very nicely, caused very little drag on the wheel. However when I went to slide up the left caliper it hit the fork tube and had about 1/8" overlap. After I bolted it up it is causing a binding/drag on the rotor.

My question is.... Is it ok to grind/file off either the fork tube or the mounting bracket on the caliper to get a better fit??? If i had to choose i would take a little off both.

Thanks
Cheers :punk:

You should not need to do any grinding on the fork or the caliper. Did you push the pistons back in and recheck the alignment. The pads will center themselves up once the caliper is bolted into place. If they don't then you may need to take it apart and clean it up internally.

Sean

You should not need to do any grinding on the fork or the caliper. Did you push the pistons back in and recheck the alignment. The pads will center themselves up once the caliper is bolted into place. If they don't then you may need to take it apart and clean it up internally.

Sean

I did push the pistons all the way back in.
I will take it off again and recheck just to make sure the pistons move and they dont bind
Thanks
Cheers

Latest posts

Back