Log-in Twice For Pics?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ninjaneer

Reaction score
So just recently, posts that have pics all have "Click here" text links instead of the image. I have to click on a "Click here" text links and then log-in (again) in order see a post's images. After closing the pic pop-up, all the images (or, their thumbnails, WTCMB) will start showing up instead of the text link. It used to be that the pics would just be there. Any of you experiencing the same thing?

It's normal for me, thumbnails of teh pics, just click on them to see the full size pic.

We don't get even thumbnails at first. All we get is links until we log in the second time.

what setup are you guys using? i'm not seeing it.

if the pics that are attached to a post are not placed inline, then we can see the thumbnails. however, if the attached pics are placed inline then we have to click the "click for larger..." textual hyperlink and log-in again in order for inlined pics to be displayed.

For example, you will see below, the thumbnail of pic that i attached but are able to see an image of it because i did not inline the pic. however, if you pop open the pic, you will see a snapshot i took of one of Heretics post in which he inlined he pics.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 13
I am using IE9 and I have sometimes seen/ used the links to see photos but never had to log in a second time. For the most part I get the smaller pic that I click on to see it full size, as per normal.

That's exactly what I see until I click on the link, log in again, then back up to the original page. At that point then all the images are thumbnails that I can click for fullsize images. Currently running this at work with Firefox 17.0.1

I think this is a Firefox issue. I just popped open the forum using IE and it's business as usual

So just recently, posts that have pics all have "Click here" text links instead of the image. I have to click on a "Click here" text links and then log-in (again) in order see a post's images. After closing the pic pop-up, all the images (or, their thumbnails, WTCMB) will start showing up instead of the text link. It used to be that the pics would just be there. Any of you experiencing the same thing?

I'm not seeing it. Can you give me a link to one of the threads that this is happening in?

ok i got the fix. :eusa_dance:
when you log in, populate the "remember me?" check box :damn angry:

"Remember me" is usually used so you never have to log in. If you log in once, the forum will see the cookie that identifies you until you leave the forum or log out.

ok guys i think i have a the real answer. clean out you pooter's cache and cookies. don't use firefox's "clear history" facilities. get in there deep with something like ccleaner.

buster, post #8 of this thread shows what Heretic's "New Toy" thread looks like.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=27530

Regards from my Taptalking Hercules Android

OK, I looked at your attachment and that's generally what you will see if you are NOT logged in. If you are not logged in, you won't see attachments, just the path and file name. Sounds like some sort of cookie issue, or how it is being handled since it is affecting a few people. The forum may have sent out some corrupted cookies at one point and now can't read them properly. Your suggestion is the best to clear out your cookie cache for this forum.

Back